Will 425cc Breast Implants Give Full C Cup?

I am 5'6.5", 34 A-B, breast diameter of 14 and I weigh 140 lbs, fat mostly concentrated on my butt and thighs. I was wondering if 425 cc breast implants would get me a full "C" cup. I have had an exam and tried on round smooth moderate plus saline breast implants and found myself wanting 500cc, but I only want a full C cup. My ribs cage comes out a bit as to what the doctor says. I am 25 and have not had any children.

Breast Implants and Cup size

Almost every woman who presents to me in my office for a breast augmentation consultation wants to be a "full C" cup. It is important to realize that cup sizes vary by bra manufacturer and are not scientifically based. There are a number of variables that can occur during a bra sizing that makes this an unreliable resource for a scientific procedure - such as breast augmentation.

As a result, I have found that in-office sizing is one of the most successful ways in which you can determine the appropriate volume of your prospective implants. If you "sized" 500 cc implants and were happy, then I suggest you follow your initial choice. The most common complaint after undergoing breast augmentation is that patients didn't feel they went "large enough."
500 cc is a large implant, however, and there are possible unwanted effects that can occur with larger implants. You must weigh your desire to have large implants with some of the effects such as excess "tissue stretch" and additional weight on the breasts with the larger implants.
At the very least, return to your plastic surgeon's office to size a second time to ensure you've made the right decision. This is a decision that is better made before surgery, not after. Good luck.
Vincent Marin, MD

1431 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014

Best Approach: Utilize 3D Imaging

It’s virtually impossible to answer this question without a consultation and physical examination, for a variety of reasons.When choosing breast implants for breast augmentation, we aren’t interested in implant size, but instead we’re interested in the appropriate implant fit.We want to achieve harmony, balance, and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures.
It’s obvious that a 425 cc implant would have a more dramatic effect on someone who’s 5'0" tall than someone who is 6'0" tall.Also, your starting breast size would impact your final size and result.In addition, it’s important to remember that 50 cc’s is only four tablespoons.Terminology is also important.I find that not everyone’s idea of a C cup is the same, and this could potentially lead to confusion as well.
The best approach to solve this issue is consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.In an effort to minimize confusion we utilize both external implant sizers and the 3D Vectra computer imaging system. These two systems help the surgeon understand the patient’s aesthetic goals. They also significantly alleviate the anxiety that many patients experience regarding breast implant size.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

Implant Selection Process

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

9200 Pinecroft
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Breast implant sizing

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

It will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

This size implant should easily take you beyond a Full C cup and potentially higher. Your breasts are widely displaced and it is unlikely that you will be able to achieve significant cleavage.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

425 cc breast implants should give you a C cup sized breast

Cup size varies among different bra manufacturers. A C cup at one store could be a D cup at Victoria Secret or other store.

425 cc is a good sized implant. It will likely make your breasts a C-cup at most stores.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Implants and cup size

If you have had an exam and tried on implants that you like, and your doctor feels the size is appropriate, then I would go with those.  Cup size and volume of implants are hard to match up. Go with the volume. Don't focus so much on the cup size.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Breast Implant Size

The short answer given the information you have provided is "yes". But, be aware that prdicting exact cup size with any type of breast surgery is an inexact art.  I would be aware that your breasts are far apart and  your surgeon should adres this with you regarding size AND style of implant

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

10 Capital Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110

Which breast implants are right for you?

It looks as though you're in the right range. However, please keep in mind that cup sizes vary from store to store. It's good that you've tried on some implants, but also show your plastic surgeon some photos of breast augmentations that you like so that you're both on the same page concerning your final look. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

10807 Falls Rd
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093