Breast Implant Size Suggestions for Tall Frame?

I am 21, 5'9", and 148 lbs. My breasts are uneven right now the left smaller and both are only A cup. What would be the best implant size and kind to fit my body and give me extra cleavage?

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

The Right Size for Your Breasts

+1

This is a difficult question without seeing your pre operative photos. The width of your chest will determine the optimal breast size. Your surgeon will aid you in discussing your sizing options. Most women look best in a C range, and how much breast tissue you currently have will be added to the size of the implant to determine your ideal size.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant choices

+1

Choosing the right implant for you is a difficult decision without a physical exam and consultation to understand your goals.

+1

There are numerous other factors that go into the decision making process,. See a board certified plastic surgeon.

Choosing an implant size

+1

Choosing an implant size that is right for you starts with measurements taken by your surgeon during your consultation and examination. Your surgeon will measure your chest width, tissue thickness, skin stretch, etc to narrow down the size of implant that is good for you. Then you can put the implants within your range into a bra and covered with a form fitting shirt to see the look that you will have after surgery. Avoid deciding on a cup size as different manufactures/designers as well as how you like to wear your bra will make referencing cup size inaccurate. Proportionality is the key for choosing an appropriate implant size.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

Implant size choices

+1

The best way to determine what size implants to use is to try the implant on in a support bra and put on a clingy top. Try various sizes until you get the look that you want. Your surgeon should be able to translate that into what size and style of implant to eventually use. Don't worry about cup size because it really is the look that you are after, not the cup size. Also don't obsess about small differences in volume. You really will not notice 25-50 cc difference.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size decision is between you and your surgeon

+1

It is helpful that you have stated your height and weight, but you should also discuss your breast width with your surgeon. There is a wide range of sizes that would fit your frame. The larger the implant (within reason) the closer they will be together. Actual cleavage is more of pushing the breats together in a bra (even Hollywood stars resort to taping). So pick something proportionate that will flatter your body type. Best of luck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

Dear Dollycakes

It is very difficult to tell just based on height and weight. I would need to know base diameter, the tissue quality, etc. Discuss this with your your plastic surgeon and ask if you can see patients of your approximate size and shape to see what looks good. Remember that minor differences in size will be less noticeable with the implants even if they are the same size. I use a Portrait 3-D camera to show patients various sizes and that seems to help a great deal.

Good luck on your surgery.

Steven Schuster, MD, FACS

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon