Breasts Getting Smaller, Softer Years After Augmentation?

Had a breast augmentation almost 3 years ago and was very happy with them. But a couple months ago, both breasts started getting smaller and softer. I haven't lost any weight, had kids or anything like that that I would expect to affect my breasts. What could be causing this? Will I need a revision?

Breast augmentation and breast changes

+1

Hi, your implants may have a small leak, although this would be unusual in both breasts at the same time. Your breasts themselves may be changing, which does happen with time as our skin loses its elasticity and the breast tissue becomes more fatty. I would advise you to see your plastic surgeon for an evaluation and a possible MRI. If you do have ruptured implants, you will likely be covered under a warranty by the manufacturer. Good luck, /nsn.

Smaller Softer Breasts after Augmentation

+1

There are several possible reasons for your breasts becoming smaller and softer 3 years after your augmentation. The most plausible would be a slow leak (if saline), although it would be curious for both sides to undergo this process simultaneously. You should definitely see your surgeon who can assist you in determining the cause of this.

Softening of implants may be relaxing tissues.

+1

This can occur from hormonal changes or weight changes but the puzzling part is that you report that all is stable. Most likely this is normal aging of the breast and soft tissue envelope surrounding your implant. You did not specify if you have saline or silicone. Perhaps you could have a slow leak buit that would be unusual on both sides. You should discuss you findings with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast.html

Breast implants changing or is it me?

+1

If you are experiencing a symmetrical change, it is most likely just your own tissue changing with aging. If it is one side and not the other, it may be a change in your implant on that side. See your plastic surgeon for a check-up.

If you are unhappy with your current status, you might need new implants and or a lift to achieve a suitable change.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Smaller, softer breasts years after augmentation

+1

Unlike man-made structures, people change with time and augmented breasts are no exception.

With time the skin will stretch, the breasts will sag and some of the breast gland tissue will go away (atrophy). That is the primary reason why you should put the smallest implant size in that you may be happy with -- not the largest since the larger the implant, the faster this will happen.

But, another possibility may be that your implants have leaked and are losing volume.

I would advise you to see your Plastic surgeon and have him/her advise you on what is going on.

Good Luck.