Breast Implants Cost to Increase Cup Size?

I am size 34A and I would like to have a 34C breast augmentation. How much would it cost me?

Costs for breast augmentation vary but rough estimates can be obtained

+2

Hi China,

Many factors affect the cost of breast augmentation although the cup size or implant size is not generally one of them. Assuming there are not complicating factors and a need for added surgery, most plastic surgeons will quote a “ballpark” figure over the phone.

I would caution you that cost can be considered when selecting a surgeon but it should not be the primary factor or even high on the list. Although breast augmentation is a very common procedure, it is still surgery and the quality of the surgeon should supersede costs incurred.

I hope this response is helpful. Good luck and best wishes as you undergo your procedure.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Pricing varies

+1
Pricing really depends on the surgeon and city in which your surgeon is located. In Toronto, this can range from $7000 to $9500. Note that the cost of your implant is determined by type (saline or silicone, with silicone being more expensive) and brand (Mentor or Allergan) but size does not really affect the cost. Other factors that affect price include the anesthesia, surgical centre fees and your surgeon's fees.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast Implant Cost to Increase Cup Size

+1

Most patients want to have the fullest breast profile that still looks natural on their body. The limiting factor for implant size is almost always the appearance of the upper pole. At some implant volume, the upper pole of the breast begins to look excessively rounded or convex, and that is a look that says "breast implants live here". There really is no way to determine preoperatively what the fullest implant volume is for each patient that does not produce that rounded upper pole look. Surgeons who are attentive to detail use an O.R. table which allows them to sit a patient upright several times over the course of the procedure, so that an implant size and profile can be selected that is ideal for each individual patient.

The type of implant is also important, as the implant style that will work best to produce a natural feeling result depends on a patient's body style and preoperative breast size. Silicone gel implants, without question, have a much more natural feel than saline implants in slender patients, especially those with an A-cup or small B-cup preop breast profile. On the other hand, fuller-figured patients with a full B-cup breast size that are seeking a full C- or a D-cup breast enhancement will almost always get a breast augmentation result that feels completely natural if saline implants are used. The more natural tissue there is to conceal a pair of implants, the harder it is to detect saline implants by feel.

Regardless of implant type, there is really only one ideal position for breast implants with respect to the pectoralis major muscle. Subpectoral placement provides additional coverage of the implants in the cleavage area, which results in both a more natural appearance and more natural feel. This is especially true for slender, small-breasted patients, as the pec major helps to flatten the upper pole of the implant and prevents the upper edge of the implant from being visually obvious. That excessively round appearance in the upper pole is to be avoided at all costs. 

The price of breast augmentation surgery will vary from surgeon to surgeon. The price of the implants is one factor. The training, experience and expertise of the doctor is a significant factor. The facility where surgery is performed and the OR staff is another factor.  Also, a busy plastic surgeon with a full OR schedule will not be providing discounted rates, like a newer, inexperienced plastic surgeon, or a surgeon who cannot demonstrate through many many before and after photographs their ability to produce beautiful and natural looking results with breast augmentation surgery. 

I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their bodyWhen researching the training of a plastic surgeon, check to see if they attended a top medical school and graduated among the top in tier class. Where did they receive their formal surgical training? A prestigious university medical center? How many years of training did your plastic surgeon receive. The minimum for board-certification, but some surgeons elect to undergo as many as ten years of formal surgical training.  

Of course select a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and perhaps a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Viewing many photographs can also help you to determine whether or not a plastic surgeon shares your aesthetic sensibility

You should be able to speak to previous patients and discus their experience with them.

It is also critical to ask about the surgery center where your procedure will be performed. You need to know about accreditation, sterile processing procedures and who will be with you in the surgery. In my office I work with a board certified anesthesiologist, certified surgical technicians and nurses who are in the room during surgery. We also have preoperative nurses and a nurse for post anesthetisia care. Of course we also have a certified sterile processing technician. 
Remember the results from this procedure are permanent. Take your time researching your plastic surgeon and ask any questions you have on your mind.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cost to Increase Size

+1

That’s a wonderful question!

Having the procedure to enhance your breast size a second time, is not the same as the first. Specifically, it can mean you need potentially Less, but also potentially More work to achieve your desired look. It all boils down to your specific needs.

In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs would be around $3,000 - $5,500. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,

• Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
  • Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
  • Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
  • Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
  • What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?
  • Implant type and changes needed? Silicone vs Saline.

Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your NEW aesthetic goals! Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.

You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.

Carlos O. Chacon, MD, MBA

Breast Augmentation Pricing

+1

Surgical Fees will vary considerably across the country and even in the same city.  We charge $3000 + MD Anesthesia related expenses for breast augmentation with saline implants.  Gel Implants are about $1000 to $1500 more.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of breast implants.

+1

Depending on the surgeon of your choice, implants can cost between $6,000 and $8500 dollars.  Silicone are about $1200 more than silicone.  Make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Breast Augmentation Cost in Columbus Ohio

+1

I encourage you to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that that person is someone you would trust after meeting with them at your consultation. Cheapest may not be best and you may find yourself paying more money later to fix complications that have arisen from having surgery with someone who is not properly trained in plastic surgery.

In Columbus, Ohio, for example, our total costs for breast augmentation are currently $4500-5100 for saline implants and $5000-5900 for silicone implants.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Costs

+1

During the recession or depression, breast augmentation cost have greatly been reduced, especially in Los Angeles, given the over saturation of qualified board certified plastic surgeons.

You need to find a board certified plastic surgeon and review the before and after photos. Then you should set up a consultation with the surgeon and see if it is a fit for you. General costs right now in southern california is anywhere from $4000 to $7000 for saline.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast Augmentation cost

+1

The cost of a breast augmentation will vary widely based on

- WHO is operating on you (A Gynecologist / Family practice doctor / former ER doctor Yes - it is legal...) OR a Board certified Plastic surgeon (check at www.PlasticSurgery.org)

- WHERE will your surgery be done (that doctor's back room or in a AAAASF or Medicare certified facility which has passed a state inspection)

- What kind of ANESTHESIA is given you and by whom ( anesthesia "supervised" by a nurse without monitoring vs. general or IV sedation supervised by a doctor anesthesiologist)

- What kind of implants are used and are they under a life time warranty (Both Allergan and Mentor provide lifetime warranties to their implants. Overseas imported implants do not have such support).

The cost of your breast augmentation cannot be cheaper than the cost of implants, the supplies used to put them in and the cost of anesthesia and support staff in the operating room - to say nothing about the surgeon's costs.

There are reasons why surgery may be discounted these days because of our economy. BUT - If the cost of your breast augmentation is extremely cheap - look harder. You are about to be screwed but have not yet figured out just how yet.

Breast implant cost

+1

The price for breast implants varies from region to region in the US. That being said, there is even variability in each given region. Some surgeons try to underprice others. This is sometimes done to pick up volume. Be careful what you wish for in terms of price sometimes you get what you pay for. I always say caveat emptor "buyer beware."