Cup Size After 500-550cc Breast Implants?

I am scheduled to have breast augmentation surgery in a couple of weeks. I'm 6'0 tall and 128 lbs, and I wear an A/B cup. I'm hoping to be a very full C or small D after my surgery. I'm getting mentor silicone gel implants under the muscle. I originally decided to get 550cc's but I'm wondering whether those will be too big and if I should get the 500cc's. I'm okay with being a D cup but I really don't want to get into DD range. I'm going next week to try them on again; but do you have any advice on which would be better and about what cup size would 500cc or 550cc give me?

500cc implant will make you significantly larger

+2

There is not accurate methods to predict the bra  cup after breast augmentation or enlargement with breast implants. A 500 cc implant should easily increase you by a least 3 cups but that is just my estimate.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/perfectsize.html

Cup Size Breast Implant Determination

+1
How to Choose an Implant Size?
Several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/augmentation/

Choosing the right size implants..

+1

When choosing the right implant size for what you desire, you have to take into consideration your body type too. Based on your height, weight, & bra size... 500cc moderate plus silicone implants would be perfect for you without appearing too large. If you get high profile implants, then the projection will be too outwards, and if you get the moderate profile implants the base will be too wide for you. Moderate plus profile implants are right in between, so they'll suit you just right.

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Sizing for Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1
In regards to breast size, the more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size.
If surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Cup Size is variable

+1
It is very difficult to predict breast implant cup size simply because bras are sized differently.  A D cup bra in many french bras is equivalent to a b cup in many bras found in department stores. Instead of discussing cup size, I want a women to let me know the size they hope to be in relation to their current size.
having said that, 500 cc's or more will certainly provide a very large and "done" appearance

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/breast-augmentation_breast_implants.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size vs. CCs

+1

Zoey- It is important to be sure of the implant sizes you choose. Your final cup size and the number of ccs you and your surgeon choose are based on many factors that are specific to you. Even though the implants are the same size 500 ccs for you could yield a very different result then 500 ccs for someone else. That being said, 50 ccs is not a very large amount and would equate to about 1/3 of a cup size. Talk to your surgeon about your desired results and look at before and after pictures of women of your stature. I suggest visiting loveyourlook.com or implantinfo.com for pictures.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

500 vs 550 implants

+1

Trust the evaluation of the doctor you have selected.  Also, realize that the difference between 500 and 550 cc's at your height is sand at the beach and really won't matter much.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

It really depends on your measurements and chest diameter. You are very thin, so I would say that you are not very wide. Those are pretty large implants but you are tall, so again it is hard to tell without more info. Having said that 500cc and 550cc are not a whole lot of difference that you would see that much of a change.

I would recommend doing the rice test, as described on my website journal pages.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastaugmentation-breastimplants-newport-beach.php