Good Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm 5'2 and weigh about 120 lbs. Am I a good candidate for Brazillian Butt Lift? Also, approximately how long will the result last? Thanks in advance.

Are you a candidate for a brazilian butt lift?

+2

Thanks for the question -

Unfortunately the answer is more complex than simply your height and weight.

Other considerations include:

Do you have localized amounts of fat for transfer?
What are your size goals?
What is your skin quality like?

In the hands of an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon, fat transfer results should be permanent.

Am I a candidate for Brazilian Butt lift?

+1

The only way to know if you are a good candidate for surgery, is a live evaluation by a surgeon.  Women that are very petite, might be better candidates for a silicone gluteal implant.  However, some petite women can still get great results from a fat transfer procedure, it depends on where your body deposits fat.

Dennis Dass, MD

Best candidate for the brazilian butt lift

+1

If you weigh approximately 120 pounds, most likely you don’t have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. In such cases, I recommend patients to gain some weight. Typically, patients want to have noticeable results and to achieve such objective a significant amount of fat needs to be injected into the buttocks. I recommend such patients to either gain approximately 15 to 20 pounds prior to surgery or the second option is butt implants. In this video, I explain certain facts about the ideal candidate for the Brazilian butt lift.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

It depends...

+1

Thanks for your question.  The best candidates for Brazilian butt lift have extra stores of fat on their torsos and legs that can be harvested by liposuction and then reinjected into buttocks tissues.  Depending on the amount of augmentation you desire, at 5'2" and 120lbs. you may not have enough fat stored up to significantly increase the size of your buttocks.  We will often encourage that a patient gain some weight to increase the amount of body fat available for the purpose of coming later and removing it via liposuction to reinject it.

Because fat is affected by metabolism, any significant exercise after BBL can potentially cause you to lose a portion of the grafted fat.  In the best case situation, it is not uncommon to lose a portion of the originally injected fat requiring further fat grafting sessions.  Having enough fat left over to liposuction can often be a problem.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon