Is 600 Cc Enough Fat to Make a Difference for Brazillian Butt Lift?

I am considering getting 600 cc for brazillian butt lift. I went to two plastic surgeons. One said he will do it and the other said he will not because there will be hardly any improvement. But it's something I really want to do. Do you think it is worth it? Thank you.

Do I have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+7

Hi there-

Without examining you myself, it is very difficult to answer this question for you definitively, but I do have a few thoughts (having successfully performed a great many of these procedures myself) that hopefully will help you.

Most importantly, you should realize that the goal of a BBL is to establish new proportions between your thighs, back, abdomen, waist, and buttocks, NOT to simply make the buttocks larger. It is the combination of a reduction on the prominence of these other areas, in combination with the increase in volume of the buttocks, that produces the pleasing change in appearance we associate with a good outcome from this operation.

This volume required will of course also depend on your body type and proportions now- so it's not possible to tell you that any particular volume would achieve your goal. Let's use breast implants as an analogy... obviously a 300 cc implant would look different in a patient who is very thin, has little of her own breast tissue, and has never had children than it would in a patient who is a bit heavier and has had a couple of kids, right? This is not that different- what matters is not the absolute volume transferred, but how effectively it is REDISTRIBUTED. This, in turn is all about experience with this procedure.

So the question is not how much fat would need to be placed to achieve your goal, but really, the question should be, "Will the combination of the fat removal from the areas planned and grafting to the buttocks achieve the shape I am looking for?". The second most important question should be, "How many of these particular operations has my surgeon performed?".... They should be able to show you photos of patients they have personally performed this procedure on, which show results you would be pleased with.

Brazillian Butt Lift for a thin patient

+4

You appear to be very thin. Without the ability to narrow your waist and greatly define your hips with liposuction MORE of the result would depend on accentuating your buttocks. While 600cc per cheek would make a significant difference, I do NOT think that 300cc per cheek would translate into much of a difference to justify doing this procedure.

Hope this helped.

Dr. P. Aldea

Amount of Fat needed for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Unfortunately, the one photo I see of you doesn't reveal too much about where I would get 1200 ml of pure fat (that is if you want both of your butt cheeks enhanced). In order for one to get that much fat, one would have to search far and wide on you to probably find that quantity of fat in your subcutaneous tissues in the torso and extremities. Otherwise you would probably fall way short of that amount and therefore it would be an exercise in futility, not to mention a total economic loss to you from your perspective. At least one of the doctors you saw seems ethical and honest.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

How Much Fat Necessary for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

As you have read, a significant factor in reshaping the buttocks with a Brazilian butt lift is secondary to the liposuction of the abdomen, hips, flanks, and thighs.  Liposuctioning the areas around the buttocks gives the illusion of a more shapely, projecting buttocks, even if no fat is injected into the buttocks. 

However, the other significant factor in a Brazilian butt lift is injection of the harvested fat into the buttocks to increase projection and improve the shape even more than with liposuction alone.  It is impossible to tell from your photo if you have enough fat to transfer 600cc of fat to each buttock without causing a deformity to the donor site, but it looks doubtful.  If your goal is to transfer 600cc of fat total (i.e. 300cc to each buttock) this is a more reasonable goal, but again, it is difficult to tell if you have even enough fat for that.

In my practice, I perform Brazilian butt lifts nearly as often as breast augmentations and tummy tucks.  I have found that in a thin person such as yourself, strategic liposuction of the areas around the buttocks with transfer of as little as 250cc to 300cc per buttocks can make a significant difference in someone with a slender frame.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist in Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD

600cc for buttock augmentation

+1

That would assume 300cc per side.  When doing a buttock augmetation (which I don't) the implants average about 300cc and they make quite a difference so it certainly would be enough but if the technique/circumstances are such that you get all six hundred in but they don't survive . . . then you may be looking at a slightly inadequate amount.  Nonetheless, I'm judging based on a very angled photograph that is not scientific at all so you're best off listening to your board certified plastic surgeon

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

A little addition can make a BIG difference in Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hey Mellymel

Yes, if you are injecting 600cc of fat per buttocks, that will make a significant increase in size of your buttocks, providing a reasonable amount of this fat survives. This is because you have a relatively small frame to begin with. Of course to get 600cc per side, we usually need to harvest about 2-2.5 liters of fat from somewhere. If you have this volume to donate to your buttocks, especially if it is in your waist or flank areas, you should get a beautiful result.

If on the other hand you are saying you think you only have 600cc total to donate, then you may be wasting your time.

I have done many women who appear to be similar to your size and maybe even smaller with a beautiful and dramatic enhancement in their shape. This is because when you are small, a little addition can make a pretty big difference.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

You do not have enough fat to inject 600 c.c per site

+1

Brazilian Butt lift is combination of fat injection and liposuction to enhance buttocks. From the pictures that tou included, it will be hard to get 1200 c.c fat without causing deformity to the donor sites. You can get impovements ,but the key factor is the amount of the fat available and also your body shape.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

How much fat is needed to make a difference

+1

Thanks for your question

600 cc of fat is typically a significant change. There are limits to the amount of fat you can transfer both in terms of fat survival as well as (especially in your case) ability to harvest enough fat.

In addition, for patients that are relatively thin, the improvement from liposuction itself (a significant part of the difference in contour) tends to be less.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

If it is 600 cc per side then yes that is a signifcant change.  However, judging by your body, I doubt that you would have enough fat to inject 600 per side, so I am assuming 300 cc per side is what we are talking about.

That is not a significant change over time.

Farbod Esmailian, MD