Can the Brava System Reduce Benign Breast Lumps?

I'm considering Brava treatment to reduce small lumps in the breast (benign). Would it work for that?

BRAVA is for breast augmentation without implants

+1

The BRAVA system relies on a suction "bra" which is applied to the chest wall for a number of hours a day for a period of weeks - following which patients undergo lipofilling (fat grafting) to maintain the increase in volume. BRAVA is not designed to treat or reduce breast lumps.

Australia Plastic Surgeon

BRAVA for management of breast lumps?

+1

I am not aware of the Brava being used to reduce breast lumps. In fact the Brava is generally indicated to increase breasts 1-2 cup sizes. This may result in the potential increase in the size of these lumps. Recently reports of combining Brava and fat injections have generated enthusiasm for non-implant breast enhancement but this is not commonly performed and long term evaluation of intial results are currently being studied.

BRAVA is used for breast enlargement

+1

It is my understanding that the BRAVA system is a devie that places suction on your breasts encouraging them to enlarge. There are mixed reports of success with this but I am not aware of the treatment reducing small lumps in your breasts.

I would either visit their website or discuss this with the plastic surgeon who is familiar with the pros and cons of the BRAVA system.

Take care.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS