Will Botox Help with TMJ Pain and Range of Motion?

I am considering Botox for my forehead, and hoping it will help with headaches. Will it allso help with TMJ?

Botox Should Help with Headaches, Use a Bite Block for TMJ

+2

HiEc,

Botox in your forehead should help with your headaches, and may help with your TMJ as well. I have heard of some physicians using Botox directly into the TMJ area muscles, but I do not perform that as I feel that the risks outweigh the benefit. Consider a bite block from your dentist for TMJ.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Botox will help TMJ pain

+1

I have a nurse that has a broad jaw and TMJ pain.  One can use Botox for facial slimming to inject the masseter muscle.  .  I did so in her with great results, but she also had great relief after 5 years of TMJ pain!  I

Web reference: http://www.crutchfielddermatology.com/treatments/botox/botox_thin_face.asp

Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox can help with TMJ

+1

I have treated a couple of patients for TMJ pain. The Botox is placed in the masseter and temporalis muscles. My patients have had significant improvement in their pain and are very happy with the results. For best results, find someone who is knowledgeable in this treatment.

Dr. Rasmussen

Austin Dermatologist

Botox and headaches

+1

Botox has been found to help a fairly large percentage of patients that complain of certain headaches that originate from the muscle in the front of the forehead. The headaches can also originate in the posterior scalp and then a certain percent come from other sources.  It may also help TMJ