How Long Does Botox Last in the Obicularis Muscle?

How long does Botox last in the obicularis muscle (undereyes)? I had mine Botoxed seven months ago and it's still there.

Botox for Crow's feet lasts 3 - 4 months

+1

the range of effectiveness of Botox for Crow's feet is 3 to 4 months, with some taking longer. Some physicians have recently started to inject two rows lateral to the angle of the eye rather than the one row. This adds a number of units to the treatment and potentially might create a longer-lasting effect. More time to study this is needed.

Botox Duration is About 3 Month to 4 months

+1

Botox in the crows feet and orbicularis (under eyes) usually lasts about 3 months to 4 months  

For patients who want to see their wrinkles gradually improve, I suggest an every 3 month schedule. If they don't mind maintaining their current status 3 1/2 or 4 months is OK.

I have noticed on some patients who continue to have Botox injections on a regular schedule that they are able to gradually increase the time between injections to 4 or even 5 months.  Most commonly though, they continue to need the injections repeated every 3 - 4 months

I hope your luck continues, but I would not be surprised if your next Botox injection does not last quite as long.  

Web reference: http://www.sarasotaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/BOTOX-cosmetic.cfm

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Botox for orbicularis muscle

+1

From my experience, because we can only inject a small volume around the eyes to avoid bruising, I tell my patients that it tends to last less time than areas that i can inject a large volume, such as the glabellar area. I would say 3 months is about average.

Boulder Dermatologist

Botox longevity in the obicularis muscle

+1

Seven months is a long run with Botox. The average is 4 months with some going as long as 5 months or so.

You must remember the Botox loses its effect not because the nerve receptors on the muscle occupied by Botox become functional again. it is because the nerves to those blocked neuromuscular receptors send out nerve sprouts SIDEWAYS which re-innervate the muscle resuming its contraction.

Good Luck.

Duration of Botox effect in the eyelid area.

+1

That is very unusual. Typically Botox in the eye area lasts in the range of 3-5 months with 4 months being the median duration of action of this product in that area.

Botox lasts 3 to 4 months in crow's feet area

+1

The typical longevity of Botox in the lateral eye or crow's feet area is 3 to 4 months. In a few individuals, it can last  up to 6 months, especially if the have had several treatment.

Seattle General Surgeon

Botox Cosmetic Duration for Facial Wrinkles

+1

While individual duration may vary, Botox Cosmetic typically lasts for 3-4 months after treatment, regardless of treatment area. The effects start a couple days after injection, with maximum results at around 2 weeks. Most patients have continued improvement in facial wrinkles for 3-4 months, but notice some gradual return of skin aging.

Some lucky patients have Botox Cosmetic last longer, while some unlucky patients have a shorter duration of results.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Lasts For Four Months in Orbicularis Muscle

+1

There is a lot of individual variation but typically Botox lasts for four months in the crows feet area (orbicularis oculi muscle). It is possible for Botox to last longer. If this is your first time and it lasted this long, you should have the physician put in less amount on the next visit. Also, keep in mind certain neurological disorders can keep the Botox working a lot longer. If in one year your Botox is still working, you should see an internist or neurologist to look into that possibility.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox lasts 3 to 4 months for most people, but some get longer results

+1

Other patients some get shorter durations. Sometimes using Botox relaxes muscles in a specific area of the face so you might get out of the habit of using those muscles. This is another reason why it may seem to last longer. In patients who get frequent Botox, by keeping the muscle immobile you get atrophy (like the leg muscles when a leg is in a cast). After repeated use, the muscles are weaker and less Botox may be necessary plus it also can last longer.

I just started using Dysport in my practice. The word is that it starts working faster and may last longer. There are a few other difference as well.

Botox blepharospasm cosmetic longevity

+1

As others have said you can expect from 3-4 months. Runners with thin body habitus and low body fat may see shorter effect. Some will see longer as well. You may not know that this is one of the first muscle treated with Botox. As an oculoplastic surgeon and ophthalmologist, I have been using Botox since 1989 when it was tested on blepharospasm, a devastating disease that limits eye opening and normal function. It was in these patients that the cosmetic benefits of Botox was identified. How reassuring though to use a cosmetic treatment that has so many years of use and an unparalleled safety record!

San Diego Oculoplastic Surgeon