Waiting Period for Botox or Restylane After Rhinoplasty?

I am considering using Botox for my forehead and crows feet and Juvederm or Restylane for my nasolabials folds, but I had a Rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago. Are there any potential issues or risks or potential complications? I am not sure if there is a waiting period.

Botox and Juvederm after rhinoplasty

+2

First, of course ask your rhinoplasty surgeon and have their office do the treatments. Don't go off somewhere else just because it might be cheaper. No one wants better for you than someone who has operated on you!

I would imaging that they will tell you that the Botox is fine anytime and that you should wait on the fillers in the nasolabial folds until your swelling is mostly gone from the surgery.

Botox and Fillers after rhinoplasty / nose job

+1

It is always safest to first check with your surgeon who did a procedure before you have an additional treatment elsewhere. There is still some minimal swelling, even three weeks after surgery on the nose, so if you have a rhinoplasty, it might be wise to wait until virtually all the swelling subsides so that the doctor doing the fillers has a better grasp on the amount of correction you need, otherwise too little filler might be injected. Similarly, the glabellar part of the forehead, between the eyebrows, might be slightly swollen and the set of lines called the "eleven" might look artificially better and not enough Botox might be used. You might need to wait more than a month if you want the most precise administration of Botox and Restylane or Juvederm.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox and Fillers after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I typically tell my patients to wait 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty for Injectables. The reason for this is that I believe there are Inflammatory reactions that may decrease the longevity of Botox or other injectable fillers. All injectables are typically removed from your body through the inflammatory process, therefore waiting for the inflammatory reaction to subside is prudent.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Placement of Botox and fillers after surgery

+1

in general there should be no problem but there is no definitve answer for this. Theoretically, you still have some facial swelling albeit minor from the rhinoplasty which may effect the placement of the Juvederm. If Botox is placed in your procerus muscle (bridge of the nose), this may not spread as well as if it were placed in mature scar tissue (minimum of 3 months after surgery and more likely 1 year).

Rhinoplasty and botox and fillers

+1

Go for it!  It should be perfectly fine to have Botox for your forehead and fillers injected into your nasolabial folds 6 weeks after a rhinoplasty.

Waiting period for Botox or Restylane after a Rhinoplasty

+1

Placement of Botox in for forehead / glabella and Crow's feet should not impact the operation in any way . Neither should placing Restylane in the nose to mouth (Nasolabial) folds. After six weeks your rhinoplasty healing should be well underway.

Good Luck.