Does Botox Make Eyes Noticeably Bigger?

I have really small eyes, and I'm considering getting Botox to make my eyes look bigger. Will there be a dramatic improvement?

There can be a minimum improvement but not dramatic for Botox to make eyes look bigger

+2

Botox rarely makes eyes look bigger but can in rare cases. It usually just makes the wrinkles less noticeable. Botox lasts 3-4 months and cost roughly $300-350 for around the crows feet of the eyes. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox does NOT make eyes bigger

+1

Botox acts by selectively weakening muscles. Since ALL muscles come in a group that lift and another group that pulls down - weakening the muscle that pulls the side of the brow down (Orbicularis Oculi) will allow the eyebrow lifting (Frontalis) muscle to elevate the side brow. Similarly with the inner brows. If we weaken the snarling muscles between the brows on the upper bridge of the nose which pull the inner brows down - this would allow the frontalis to BOTH lift and spread the inner brows - giving you a rested look.

If THIS is what you meant by "open" - then Botox is for you.

Good Luck.

Botox Can Make Your Eyes "Look Bigger"

+1

Hi Wrinkles,

Botox can be used to raise the lateral 1/3 of your eye brows resulting in your eyes appearing more "open".  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

It can in certain cases

+1

Botox when placed under the lateral eyebrow can help raise the eye brow.  When Botox is placed immediately under the lower eyelid it can lower the lower eye lid and open the eyes.  Both can make the eyes appear bigger.  The results depends on the individual patient and the physician.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon