Will Botox Help Nerve Damage from Bell's Palsy After 9 Years?

I have some nerve damage from Bell's Palsy. My left eye is squinty, nerve twitching by my nose, and my cheek is tight.It sounds like Botox may help.I had Bell's Palsy roughly 8 years ago. Is it too late for the treatments? Do you think I should go for it? 

Botox for facial muscle twitching

+1

If you have twitching of facial muscles as your recover from your Bell's palsy Botox can help to stop these movements.  

Botox after Bell's palsy works

+1

To answer your question. YES!. Aberrant regeneation after Bell's palsy and hemifacial spasm can be helped by botox. Most often your insurance will cover it.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Great For Facial Twitching

+1

Synkinesis is the twitching of the facial muscles with voluntary action of some other facial muscles. Botox can help when injected into the twitching muscle.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox use and facial nerve weakness

+1

Following Bells Palsy, the muscles on one side of the face may be weaker than the other or the damaged nerve will, in some cases, cause areas of hyperactive contraction of the facial muscles. In either case, Botox can help enhance the balance of the facial muscles and increase symmetry. It is important you find a surgeon who has experience with this and can help you.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and length of time since Bells Palsy

+1

Botox can provide help for your Bell's palsy regardless of the time since the initial incident. The Botox is typically used on the normal side to relax and make it appear more similar to the weakened side.

Botox

+1

Botox works by paralyzing the underlying muscles of the face. In cosmetic cases, it is used to lessen the wrinkling of the overlying skin. In your case it would be used to try and achieve a better balance of your remaining facial muscle function. You may have a nice result. It would be a good thing to try, knowing that the effects are temporary and can always be repeated if you like the result. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Botox, facial contouring, Dysport

+1

Dear Tommy

i have used Botox for facial balancing after Bell's palsy.  it works well but very small doses must be used.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Botox for Bell's Palsy is experimental

+1

Botox may help treat hyperkinesis (overactive muscles) after Bell's palsy, but it is experimental and requires a good relationship with a patient Plastic surgeon that is willing to spend extra time with you to help solve your problem.  It is definitely worth a consultation.  Good luck

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon