Is It Possible to Lower the Upper Eyelid Using Botox?

I had an Asian double eyelid surgery performed on me about 11 months ago, and I really dislike the shape of my eyes now. They're too big almost, too round. I prefer the look when I lower my lid about 2 mm or so (that half-lidded look, I guess). However, it's exhausting doing this on a constant basis! Is there any way to lower the lid using a Botox injection, and which muscle? I know "eyelid drooping" is a side effect of Botox injections that people complain about. However in my case, this is what I want! Thanks so much in advance!

Botox after double lid blepharoplasty

+1

Sounds like you are talking about your upper lids. I think it would be extremely difficult to give you a predictable symmetric result using Botox. An experienced surgeon might be able to lower your lids some, but again, it will be difficult to achieve complete symmetry. 

Botox to lower eyelid

+1

Botox if used correctly could lower your upper lid.  The problem is it can be unpredictable and will only last 3-4 months.  It can also be used to raise a droopy lid so be careful and make sure you use an experienced injector.

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and the lower eyelid

+1

Although the eyelid drooping may please you aesthetically, you don’t want too much of the white of the eye below the pupil to show. This would look different to others. Also, the drooping might make the tears of your eyes not be able to bathe the cornea and it might dry out causing a chronic dryness that could risk scarring.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Eyelid retraction

+1

Without having seen your photo, here is what I think. Botox can lower the upper eyelid, however it is unpredictable (meaning it can result in too much or complete droopiness) and it is only temporary (last weeks to months). Surgery can certainly lower your upper eyelid. Other nonsurgical options, using fillers, also exist. I recommend consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon