Botox Injections for Spasticity

I have upper motor neuron syndrome-related spasticity due to multiple sclerosis...UAB Medicine suggests Botox is a great therapy option for legs and feet spasticity. Have you seen Botox used for this purpose or know anything that can help my research of this therapy?

Botox and muscle spasm

+1

Botox and muscle spasm have had a long positive history. That is how the medicine was initially used! I would contact UAB and have them recommend a neurologist who does this. 

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for spasticity

+1

Botox has been used by neurologists for many years to treat muscular spasticity. The units used significantly outnumber the dose used by cosmetic dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Consult with a neurologist who is experienced with this treatment. Side effects could occur and once you're informed of the risks of injecting the appropriate dose of Botox, you can make an informed decision if you want to proceed.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox for management of muscle spasms

+1

Botox is excellent for treating muscle spasticity and was really the first use of this product (blepharospasm).

The muscles you mention are substanstially larger than the facial muscles and will require larger doses. This should be performed by experienced individuals.

There is much written about its use for torticollis if you want to do some research.