Is Botox or Dysport Used for Feather Wrinkles on the Lips?

Botox for your lip lines

+1

Tiny amounts of Botox or Dysport can be injected into your lip lines to soften the lines.  Too much Botox will impair movement.  Have treatment with an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox or Dysport in or near the lip

+1

A small amount of Botulinum Toxin may minimize the vertical wrinkles of the upper lip. It is not recommended for musicians that play wind instruments or professional singers as there might be difficulty pronouncing certain letters initially. For those people whose muscle creates significant pursing of the lips, the deep vertical lines can improve significantly with the Botox or Dysport and filler can be used in addition.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Botox & Dysport can be used for Lip Wrinkles

+1

The fine vertical lines on the lips respond to a combination of the fillers like Restylane or Juvederm and a very small dose of Botox or Dysport in the wrinkles. The dosage has to be very small and carefully calculated or it can lead to change in the lip shape with an abnormal appearance, and sometimes changes in speech and swallowing.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Lip lines

+1

Although I hear often about this being done, I do not personally recommend or perform botox injections to the lips themselves. As noted by the other physicians, this can produce problems with speech articulation and facial symmetry.

I find that mild lines are well treated with volume fillers. I personally like Juvederm due to the softness of the product in the lip.

For deeper lines, dermabrasion/laser/chemical peel technqies produce excellent correction

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers are much better for feather wrinkles on lips

+1

Hi Desi

Dysport and Botox weaken muscle. The little lines you are referring to are due to muscle activity and also from loss of fat volume. However, BOTOX and Dysport can cause unwanted muscle weakness which is a very bad thing around the mouth--think drooling soup. So the doses are very limited which means the effect is quite transient.

A much better approach is using a filler like Restylane to place a bead of filler along the vermillion edge of the lip. This helps iron out the lines, helps the horizontal width of the lips and avoids the trout lip look we all know too well.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com/fillers/

Is Botox used for feather wrinkles on the lips

+1

To answer this question, it is first important to make sure we are speaking about the same wrinkles . "Feather wrinkles" is not a medical term but I am assuming you are speaking of the vertical fine lines that emanate from the red (vermillion ) of the lip. Botox and Dysport are used in similar locations so that is not the issue. The issue is that treating these lines, which many practitioners do, is an "off label" use and does carry some risk of asymmetry of the mouth and perhaps loss of the ability to pronounce certain consonants, ie "p" and "b" ie peanut butter. I dont typically treat this area and would suggest that if you were to have this done to make sure it is done by some one with a lot of experience in this particular area.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

I prefer Injectable Fillers over BOTOX for upper and lower lip wrinkles.

+1

I have tried BOTOX  for vertical lines that surround the lips, and have found that Injectable Fillers are more predictable and work better.

I've attached a link demonstrating this technique.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/Action/Gallery/GalleryID/19644/PageID/4141/ProcedureNameID/790

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport are interchangeable for most areas

+1

Since the active molecule is the same with both products, in general they are interchangeable. A few things to keep in mind though: the lip area is "off-lablel" for both products, which doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used there but it can't be promoted by the manufacturers for that. Second, Dysport may spread a bit more which is either good or not so good depending on the area. And third, the units by which the products are measured are different and there is no standard formula to convert one to the other. It just requires experience to know what dose works in each treatment site.

Botox for feather wrinkles on the lips

+1

I do not use Botox around the mouth. I feel that you get a more natural look using Radiesse, Restylane, Juvederm, and other fillers that are more made for that area. In my opinion, the Restylane and Juvederm are the best fillers for the fine feather lines on the upper lip.  

Atlanta Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.