Blue Peel for a 70 Year Old?

What is your suggestion regarding Blue peel on facial skin of a 70 yr old face? I have been considering Restylane/Juvederm, and the consultant suggested the blue peel. Seems very risky.

Obagi Blue peel and age limitations

It is difficult to say without looking at a picture, however, I agree with others that physiologic age is not important. 

The Blue peel is great and most patients are very satisfied with the outcome - it restores healthy, youthful skin and reduces fine wrinkles. It also eliminates hyperpigmentation associated with aging and sun damage.

70 is the new 60, Go for it!

In my practice spanning 15 years, its your physiological age that matters, not your chronological age.  Peels are helpful for light wrinkles, dyschromias (brown discoloration), and improvement in skin quality.  At 70 it may take you a few extra days to exfoliate but your outcome should not be compromised. Consider a different procedure called a Microlaser Peel. During this procedure you determine how much time you have to recover and the depth of the peel can be adjusted accordingly. Go for it girl, you're not getting any younger :)

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Are there Age Limitations for an Obagi Blue Peel?

There are no age restrictions for an Obagi Blue Peel, so being 70 years old is not a contraindication for treatment. However, Restylane and Juvederm are used for completely different things than an Obagi Blue Peel and are frequently both used in the same patient. Make sure you understand what specifically is being treated.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Age limitations with an Obagi Blue Peel

Your absolute age has no bearing on whether I would suggest a medium depth peel.  Your age may be 70, but it is important to assess the physical aging of the skin rather than the chronological aging.  I would advise a Blue Peel. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Blue peel

The blue peel is a relatively straightforward and safe way to improve the texture and quality of your skin. It does not go deep enough to have much effect of wrinkles. You may want to consider trying one of the fractionated CO2 lasers for a more significant degree of improvement.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon