Doctor in NY, NJ, VA, or FL for Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty

Hello, I need to find a doctor in NY, NJ, VA, or FL to do a transconjunctival blepharoplasty with arcus release and fat repositioning. These areas are convenient for me because I have family there. Thank you.

Blepharoplasty approaches

+2

I'm glad to read that you've done some research into blepharoplasty, but I would caution prospective patients about shopping for a specific approach or technique. I typically perform a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty and often combine that with a skin pinch. Some patients will also benefit from a peel post-op. Other patients need neither fat repositioning nor fat contouring, but rather they need filling of the tear trough or the rim hollowing.

The point is, every patient has unique anatomy and unique concerns. A good surgeon should be able to discuss why he/she favors a certain approach in a given patient.

As for finding a surgeon, the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery's website can help you find qualified surgeons in your area. At least here in Florida, our department of health's medical license lookup also gives details about where the doctor trained, his certifications, malpractice history, criminal history (!), etc.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Oculoplastic surgeon in New Jersey

+1

This is a procedure that I perform but I would need to evaluate you to assess if that is the best procedure for the outcome that you would like.

- Dr T

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Looking for a Surgeon

+1

I understand your concerns and goals for finding a surgeon near family. You have obviously done your research on procedure types and specifics.

I suggest you visit www.plasticsurgery.org to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in the location that works best for you. This is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and is a great place to start your research...then I would suggest fine tuning your quest by selecting a couple of surgeons (or choose them all!) and explore their office websites which may contain photo results.

Visit a couple of surgeons in person, review their work and assess their "fit" with your personality and goals. The rest is yours to decide and good luck!

I hope this helps!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD

Eyelid Surgery

+1

Choosing a good well qualified Doctor is important. The first place I would start is by visiting the Website: Plasticsurgery.org. This website is the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. With a few minutes of your time and some typing, you will be able to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Don't be embarrassed about making an appointment to just go and look at photos. This can be done even without meeting the Physician. However, it is important that you feel comfortable with the Physician you choose as well as like his work.

Foad Nahai, MD

Choosing a Surgeon

+1

When choosing a surgeon for any procedure it is important to work with a photo specialists to a photo lab to take some "before" pictures for your chart. These are extremely helpful for the surgeons to refer back to in assessing your individual case. The pictures will also give you a basis for comparison with your finished results.

The Doctor should then come into the room to chat with you about your expectations and after a brief examination, will work with you to decide the best course of action that will meet your aesthetic goals.

After meeting with your surgeons, you should meet with a surgical coordinators to go over the financial aspects of the surgery, as well as presenting various payment options as well as possible surgery dates.

Many surgeons offer two financing companies if you chose to pay for your surgical procedure that way. Our financing allows you to finance the entire price of the surgical procedure including the surgeons fees, operating room and anesthesia.

John Grossman, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty surgeon in New york area

+1

I think I may have answered this question previously. But, I often perfrom transconjunctival lower lid blepharoplsaty to remove or redrape fat and absolutely release the arcus marginalis for patients that require it. I think it blends the lower lid cheek junction very nicely. I often do not have to redrape fat in this instance. Again, your anatomy will dictate what is required.

See a Surgeon who does a lot of blepharoplasty

+1

My advice would be to search for the surgeon first and then decide on the best approach. I agree with Dr. Rand. Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty is a great approach for the right patient, but is definitely not appropriate in all Blepharoplasty candidates. Arcus marginalis release can also be achieved through a subciliary approach which allows for muscle resuspension and shortening an elongated lid-cheek junction. Likewise, fat repositioning is by no means a universally accepted maneuver. In my opinion, it tends to be counterproductive for functional and aesthetic reasons.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't dictate your operation to a surgeon

+1

Finding a surgeon can be done through the means the other doctors have described. The only thing I would add is that it is best to find a doctor whom you trust and ask them what you need after telling them what bothers you. For you to look for a doctor who is willing to do the surgery you dictate to them is inappropriate and ill advised.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

How to find a blepharoplasty surgeon.

+1

Hi!

1) Our web site has links to the national societies, where you can find names in different places.

2) You sound really sophisticated, because you want a generally very good blepharoplasty operation. The key is fat repositioning, which doesn't make you hollow, as opposed to fat removal, which is done far too often.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

NY or NJ blepharoplasty surgeon

+1

As I had discussed in my answer to your prior question, the NY/NJ Metropolitan area has great blepharoplasty surgeons that are board certified in their respective fields. My recommendation is to seek a plastic surgeon that has additional training in oculoplastics, so that you can be certain that they are facile with all aspects of eyelid surgery. The combination of both of these fields enables me to perform complex eyelid surgeries with an aesthetic sensibility.

With regards to the surgery, I would focus on outcomes rather than the particular technique used. I wish you luck in your endeavour.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon