Bio-oil Effective for Reducing Scars?

Is Bio-Oil an effective treatment to reduce the appearance of a scar? Or should I consider plastic surgery? I obtained a scar when I fell on a wooden bench. It is very noticeable because of the dark discoloration that surrounds it. It is located on the leg just below my knees. It is 2.5 inches long and 0.5 inches in diameter.

Melarase creams for dark discoloration on the legs from a scar

+1
Reducing pigmentation on scars is time consuming. Our office specializes in scar revision procedures and we recommend the Melarase PM product to help improve dark discoloration of scars on the face and body.  Melarase PM works to inhibit the tyrosinase enzyme and has clinical efficacy in treatment.