Best Laser Treatment for Under Eye Bags?

I have always had "bags" under my eyes. Will any of the laser techniques work?

Laser resurfacing and lower eyelid blepharoplasty - Los Angeles

+1

Laser skin resurfacing can correct loose skin, but cannot remove under eye bags. I combine blepharoplasty with laser resurfacing. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/plastic-surgery/21/eyelid-surgery.aspx

Eye Bags

+1

"Bags" under the eyes is a very common complaint. The soft, delicate eyeball is protected from the hard bony orbital skeleton by intra-orbital fat. The fat cushions the globe as we "bounce" along through the day...the fat is held into place and prevented from pushing out or herniating by the orbital septum...a very thin, tissue paper like structure located above and below the eyeball. As we age, and sometimes thanks to our genetics passed down from mom and dad, the orbital septum thins and like the sail of a boat, allows the fat to billow out. This billowing or fullness causes the bulge you are seeing, sometimes worse on one side versus the other. This fullness, or bag, casts a shadow that is percieved as a dark ring...and causes your friends to ask if you are tired!

Lasers applied to the skin from the outside do not correct this issue. This fullness is from the inside fat and needs surgery. Incisions can be placed either on the inside (which you will never see) or on the outside if their is extra skin as well.

I suggest you set up an appointment with a Board Certiied Plastic Surgeon in your area who sees and treats a significant number of patients with this issue...the surgery is called Blepharoplasty.

I hope this helps!

Dr. C

Laser probably won't work.

+1

"Bags" under the eyes is usually the result of herniation of fat through the orbital septum. As light fall on the face from above, a shadow is cast under the projecting fat. Lower lid blepharoplasty will fix this problem. There are various ways lower lid surgery can be done.

Look at patients in our eyelid gallery at www.zubowicz.com

Web reference: http://www.atlantacenterforplasticsurgery.com

Best laser treatment for under eye bags

+1
 The lower lids are composed of skin, muscle, and fat. The fatty deposits are located below the skin and muscle. Any type of laser used on the outside of the skin will not affect the fat, only resurfaced the skin itself. We performe a less invasive trans-conjunctival approach with  2 small incisions placed  on the inside of the lower lid to remove the 3 Fatty deposits. For many examples, please see the link below to our eyelid surgery photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.eyelids.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.