Benelli Mastopexy with Implants Enough for Breasts with Pseudo Ptosis?

Would a Benelli lift be enough? I would also be getting a 340cc HP textured silicone breast implants along with the breast lift. In the previous consultations, I was told I almost have a pseudo ptosis. My nipple is 19cm. from the collarbone. I did breast feed and have some stretch marks from my first pregnancy. I have attached a picture, both front and side views. I really want to have as few scars as possible. Thank you.

Glandular ptosis can sometimes be treated with breast augmention without mastopexy

+4

There are numerous types of breast lifts available and all have advantages and disadvantages. Based on your description and photographs, I would expect that a Benelli type lift would be adequate. Be informed of potential problems associated with this procedure such as occasional reduced projection and “flattening” of the breasts. Also, the scars may not always be ideal with scattered cases of gathering of tissue along the incision.

If you goal is to avoid scarring, it is conceivable that you could receive an acceptable result with breast augmentation alone. If you tried this option and decided you still needed some type of lift, this could be performed later as a secondary procedure.

I hope this information is of some benefit to you. Good luck on your future surgery.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Biplanar breast augmentation without breast lift should work for you

+2
Thank you for your question.  I agree with others that I do not think a breast lift is necessary based on your photographs.  A biplanar breast augmentation alone should give you a nice result.  If a breast lift is needed it would be better to wait and do it as a second procedure.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Benelli Lift

+1
any surgeons perform what they call a 'circumareolar' (or 'donut' or 'Benelli' ) mastopexy. In my opinion there is absolutely no such thing as a 'circumareolar mastopexy'. Removing skin around the areola may enable a surgeon to elevate the position of the nipple/areola complex perhaps 1-2 cm on the breast mound, but it DOES NOT lift the breast itself. In most cases, unfortunately, it serves to distort the shape of the breasts, making them appear flattened at the top. If the breast needs to be lifted, it absolutely requires some internal rearrangement of breast tissue to create a projecting, aesthetically ideal and lasting result - which in turn requires that vertical incision and vertical surgical scar below the areola (and sometimes in the inframammary fold as well.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Benelli vs. Lollipop

+1
The Benelli may be adequate, but I believe that a lift using the lollipop incisions will likely look better and last longer.

David Stoker, MD

Good plan

+1
Yes, I think the combination of implants and a Benelli-type lift could work out well for you.  However, if the lower breast skin is thin and stretchy, adding the vertical portion can really help give a more youthful shape, and avoid some of the drawbacks of the Benelli approach (flattening, scar stretch).  I'd have to examine you in person to determine this.

Based on the front view, I don't think that implants alone would be likely to work, even with the biplanar approach.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Psuedo ptosis

+1
A breast augmentation would probably work well for you.  Psuedo ptosis implies the breast looks saggy because it is deflated, but does not have sagging nipples.  If you use a periareolar incision, a Benelli lift could always be added if needed.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Bi-Planar Breast Augmentation

+1

The treatment of breast sag varies from patient to patient and depends on a variety of variables. These include the patient’s aesthetic goals and baseline anatomic findings. Your pictures suggest relatively mild breast sag and for this reason, it might be possible to avoid a breast lift procedure. This would be consistent with your aesthetic goal of avoiding excess scarring.

Under these circumstances it might be possible to perform a bi planer breast augmentation. This procedure partially separates the breast tissue from the underlying muscle and allows the breast tissue to spread out over the surface of the implant. In many cases utilization of this technique can avoid a breast lift and additional scarring.

If you’re considering correction of this problem, it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a plan to correct this problem. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Pseudoptosis treatment: to lift or not to lift

+1
Treating pseudoptosis can be done with implants with or without a lift.  Factors that need to be taken into account are amount of lift needed, overall breast shape, volume desired and willingness to accept scars. Perhaps the "best" solution would be a modest augmentation with a vertical lift, but this requires accepting scarring on the breast. The alternative plan would be to use a high profile implant only and have a larger augmentation to get as much lift out of the implant as possible. It's a matter of weighing pros and cons and making a decision that you are comfortable with. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Based on your photographs you would be fine to have a augmentation with a peri-areolar mastopexy. However you would need to be examined to confirm this as it will depend on the laxity of your skin and the degree of excess skin. You may need a short vertical extension if you have poor skin tone.
A combined mastopexy augment will give you a longer lasting result than a pure augmentation with a high/extra projection anatomical implant. (this would be another potential option) 
I suggest you see a specialist plastic surgeon/board certified plastic surgeon who will be able to discuss the most suitable option once she/he has examined you. 

Vijith Vijayasekaran, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

You need a mastopexy?

+1
You have a different problem than many.  True ptosis is when  the entire breast drops including the nipple and areola.  Pseudoptosis is where the bottom drops out, but the upper skin where the nipple and areola is maintains it's height. I think an implant will answer your problem for awhile, however, a vertical incision below your nipple-areola will be necessary to tighten the area that is bottoming out now. The weight of the implant will likely make that worse over time. Tightening around your areola will not be a long term answer in my opinion.

David Janssen, MD, FACS
Oshkosh Plastic Surgeon