Augmenting the Radix While Removing Nose Hump?

I'm interested in getting a Septoplasty along with a dorsal hump removal. I was told by one of the doctors that I have a low radix, and that I possibly should have the radix augumented. Please explain!

What can be done for this dorsal hump, because it interrupts my profile? Thank you.

African American Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Some patients have low bridges and small humps. In these cases if the hump is reduced it can make the bridge and radix look even lower. So to correct this problem, an implant may be used to augment the low bridge and radix. This is a commom issue in African Americans.

To resolve your dilemma there is a simple solution: Ask your surgeon to show you a computer image of what your nose will look like with an implant and without. This will help you decide what looks best for you.

Good Luck,

Dr.S.

You do have a low radix

+1

You do seem to have a low radix and this can be improved with augmentation (see link).  There are a number of options for radix augmentation using natural grafts.

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=primary_rhinoplasty&id=11

You have already asked about this

+1

You have already asked a similar question within the last 24 hours about your nose. Please go to a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area and have a thorough consultation.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.