Fraxel or Pixel for Atrophic Scars?

Which laser treatment is more suitable for atrophic scarring: Fraxel or Pixel laser?

Fraxel laser for treatment of atrophic scars

+1

I have had nice results with both Fraxel re:store and re:pair treatments of atrophic scars. You may see slightly greater improvement with the repair laser and require less treatment but the trade off is a few days of downtime which is well worth it. I don't know much about the Pixel laser. The two leaders in fractionated laser are the Active FX and Deep FX as well as Fraxel Re:pair and Fraxel Re:store lasers. Good luck

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel repair or Pixel for the Treatment of Atrophic Scars

+1

Hi Jarvis,

Fraxel repair has a very good track record in the treatment of scars.  It does take 2 to 3 treatments for best results.  I have not had any experience with Pixel.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Lser treatemnt of spider vein scars

+1

Generally these lasers will achieve a superior result when used to treat relatively normal tissue rather than scars. IT is difficult to eliminate the scars and there is generally very litttle response to this intervention