Is Arnica Just As Good As Sinecch?

My surgeon has suggested I take Sinecch for my upcoming procedure. My last surgeon said the (cheaper) Arnica tablets that melt under your tongue are just as effective as the brand name Sinecch. What do you think?

Bruisestick ointment for Arnica after surgery

+1

Our office recommends the Bruisestick ointment before and after surgery to reduce bruising and swelling in the surgical area. 

Arnica can help with swelling

+1

Sinecch has been formulated specifically for surgery and it comes with easy to follow instructions.  Generic Arnica is probably fine. However, I have never been able to have anyone at the health food store explain which Arnica tablets to get (they have labels like 6X, 12X, etc).

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon