Are my Breasts Considered "Tuberous"?

Are my breasts are considered "tuberous breasts"? This how my breasts developed as a teen. I'm now 20 years old and my breasts never been super perky. I'm a virgin and I never had children or lost any dramatic amount of weight. My areloas and nipples always been big, but my breasts remain small. I never had any upper fullness and the bottom of my breasts never filled out. Most of my teens, my breasts has been a crooked like v-shape. So are my breasts are tuberous?

Tuberous Breast Deformity

+2

From the appearanxce of your breasts in the photos, it does not appear that you have a tuberous breast deformity (a lateral view would be helpful). It looks as if you have a significant amount of ptosis, which is curious since you have had no pregnancies (have you had a profound weight loss which could also lead to your situation?). The correction of your deformity is not the same as that required for a tuberous breast deformity.

?tuberous breasts?

+1

There are a number of features that define a tubular breast:
•Wide and puffy areolae
•widely spaced breasts
•high breast fold
•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast
•minimal breast tissue
•high breast fold
•narrow base of the breast

Based upon the photos, you certainly have some of these findings, and the approach to surgical correction will take those into consideration.

Thanks for your question and best wishes.

Tuberous Breasts?

+1

From the photos, it looks like you have significant ptosis that would involve a breast lift as well as breast implants.  Tuberous breasts have a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  It may be a good idea to see a board certified plastic surgeon and have an in-person examination to determine exactly what procedure will give you the best result.

Good Luck

Are my Breasts Considered "Tuberous"? PHOTOS

+1

I would not call them tuberous due to the relatively normal shape of the areolae but I would call them constricted, left more than right.

Your breasts are not tuberous

+1

I agree with the previous experts in that your breasts are probably not tuberous (by definition) but are definitely droopy. As such, I would recommend the following:

• submuscular augmentation (to increase your overall breast volume and enhance upper pole fullness)
  • breast lift (to reduce areaolar diameter, lift position of the nipple, and create a more optimal shape)

These two procedures would provide the best chance for a more optimal breast appearance.

I hope that helps.

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous or Constricted Breast Deformity vs Ptosis

+1

Hi AnonymousGirl
You do not appear to have a Tuberous (Constricted) Breast deformity. You do have what we call ptosis or drooping. This is a normal way that many women's breasts develop. It is easily corrected with a breast lift. This will provide for you a beautiful shape without any change in your breast size. (You can however make them larger or smaller at the same time if you wish.)

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Your breasts don't look tuberous

+1

No. Your breasts do not appear to be tuberous or constricted breasts. They demonstrate significant droopiness/ptosis with asymmetry.

You would have an amazing transformation with a breast lift (Mastopexy). Please, read up on the topic, especially breast lifts which shape the breast tissue itself instead of the skin around it. Look into having a Hall-Findlay Mastopexy. You will be VERY glad you did.

Good Luck.

Tuberous breasts and breast shape

+1

Congenital breast abnormalities come in varying forms and it appears that you do not have a "classic" tuberous breast which would involve lower breast internal bands and herniated or "puffy" nipples. You probably have some lower breast bands that actually can cause the breast to "droop" over time as it develops. To corect your problem a breast lift or mastopexy would reposition your nipple and reshape your breasts, and if you want a fuller look an implant could be added.

I hope this helps and good luck> Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Tuberous Breast Deformity

+1

I concur with my colleague that you do not have a classic tuberous breast deformity.  The primary issue is the ptosis (or sagging).   A breast lift would significantly improve the appearance and shape of your breasts.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tuberous breast vs. ptosis of the breast.

+1

Your pictures suggest breast ptosis instead of a tuberous breast. Regardless, I think that a mastopexy (breast lift) would be you best option. Good luck!

Dean Fardo, MD