Are Results of Arcus Release and Fat Grafting for Dark Circles Permanent?

When doing an arcus release and fat grafting for  dark circles under eyes, how permenant are the results? Does the fat not melt away after time and affect the structure of the whole face?

The Fat Survies Because It is Not a Graft!

+1

Dear 23uk in UK,

The procedure you are referring to is a fat transpostioning procedure. The fat that envelopes the lower part of the orbit that creates lower lid bags, is repositioned below the eye socket, (orbit). This is either done with an arcus release or deep to the arcus right on top of the bone. Because the fat is sill attached to its blood supply from above, it does not dissolve or die. I have done hundreds lower eyelid procedures wit this technique and I have never seen the fat disappear.