Average Amount of Transferrable Fat in Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am planning to have the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. I am about 30 lbs. overweight but I am proportionate. I am getting conflicting answers about how much fat can be injected into the buttocks to create a rounder, fuller behind.

I was told that only 700-800cc's of fat could be transferred into each butt cheek. Is this true? I cannot imagine that only 700-800cc of fat would make that much of a difference or be worth the cost to get that little benefit.Is it possible to obtain a J-Lo type booty by having the Brazilian Butt Lift?

Maximum amount of fat to transfer with BBL

+4

Thank you for your question.  You are getting conflicting answers because there is no one right answer.  There is not an absolute maximum number of cc's allowable, but overinjecting can cause fat to die.  Rather than focusing on the amount of fat injected, I would recommend finding a surgeon who understands the shape you are looking for.  Meet with a few doctors and browse photo galleries.

How Much Fat can I have grafted during my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+4

Hi there-

I don't personally believe that there is an absolute number of cc's that can be transferred. It is true that if you place too much fat, the chances of fat survival go down, but this is because of increasing pressure in the tissues... if the pressure gets too high, blood cannot flow and the fat won't survive.

So the real determinant of how much can be safely and successfully placed in any particular patient is the elasticity of the tissues and the pressure that results from the grafting process...

I have successfully grafted up to 1000cc per cheek, with excellent retention (~80%) in patients whose anatomy allowed this volume without high pressure.

Of course, the only way to know what your body might tolerate would be to examine you- find a surgeon you like and trust and have an exam.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Volume of Fat transferred to EACH Butt Cheek in brazilian Butt Lift Cosmetic Surgery

+2

Limiting Buttock enhancement surgery to discussing cc's is a useless endeavor. To get THE perfect butt a lot more needs to be considered than just how much fat should be placed in each cheek.

It needs to start by looking at the buttocks and taking stock of their location and symmetry.
- Are the buttocks sagging?
- Is there definition to the low back-buttock junction or does the area just look like a ski slope from back to the top of each butt cheek?
- Is there a V-zone like valley separating the diverging cheeks which ends in the vertical inter buttocks crease?
- are the buttock cheeks round and half dome like or is there a lateral flatness or depression which needs to be filled?
- What kinds of buttocks does the patient find attractive? Different ethnic groups view different buttock shapes very differently.
- Which buttocks she finds objectionable?
- are her cosmetic goals reasonable?
- If so which technique is best likely to result in the buttocks the patient wants?
- if it is through fat grafting, how much fat do you estimate needing? Does the patient have this amount of EXCESS fat in her body?

On the average from 500 cc to 1,200 cc of graftable fat may be needed per cheek.

To read everything you need to know about FAT TRANSFER TO THE BUTT, BUTT AUGMENTATION and BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT, visit my informative web page below -

Dr. P. Aldea

How much Fat is Injected for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I recently reviewed my last 100 cases of Brazilian Butt Lift. The amount of fat injected into each buttock cheek ranged from 250cc per buttock, to over 1100cc per buttock. However, the average amount of fat injected (to include all patient weights) was 580cc per buttock. Keep in mind that to get 580cc, I must extract 2-3 times as much fat. This is because I only re-inject the best, most viable fat cells.

A good way to figure out how much volume is represented by 580 cc is to ask your plastic surgeon to see a 600 cc breast implant. Now, imagine that amount being put into your buttocks-- on each side. It WILL make a difference! Furthermore, if your Plastic Surgeon is careful to sculpt your waist and back area, the 600 cc in each buttock cheed will be really dramatic.

However, if you are 30 pounds overweight, it is likely that a Plastic Surgeon would be able to inject much more than 600 cc per side.

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

How much fat can you transfer with a brazilian buttock lift.

+1

Thanks for the question -

There are limits to the amount of fat that can be placed in each buttock at any one time. The secret the the technique is distributing the fat in a diffuse enough pattern that the maximal amount of fat survives.

Typically about 75-80% of the fat survives.

Most experienced surgeons agree that transfers beyond 800-1000 cc of fat risk a significantly higher rate of fat death.

To achieve larger proportions you may need a series of surgeries.

Steven Williams, MD

Steven H. Williams, MD

Amount of fat transferred to butt depends on your personal goals.

+1

Great question! A successful Brazilian Butt lift begins with the initial consultation. During this consultation, is crucial that you review your personal goals with your plastic surgeon. Give your surgeon a very good idea of the look, size, and contour that you are trying to achieve. Your surgeon should then do a thorough assessment to make sure you have enough fat to achieve your goals. Keep in mind that almost twice as much fat as you would like to graft must be removed through liposuction. Also keep in mind that approximately 80% of the fat that will be transplanted to the butt will remain permanently. In our practice, we found it extremely helpful to use digital software to transform the pictures of our patients to help communicate with our patients so that we both know exactly what our patient has in mind.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD