Average Amount of Transferrable Fat in Brazilian Butt Lift?

I am planning to have the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. I am about 30 lbs. overweight but I am proportionate. I am getting conflicting answers about how much fat can be injected into the buttocks to create a rounder, fuller behind.

I was told that only 700-800cc's of fat could be transferred into each butt cheek. Is this true? I cannot imagine that only 700-800cc of fat would make that much of a difference or be worth the cost to get that little benefit.Is it possible to obtain a J-Lo type booty by having the Brazilian Butt Lift?

Maximum amount of fat to transfer with BBL

+4

Thank you for your question.  You are getting conflicting answers because there is no one right answer.  There is not an absolute maximum number of cc's allowable, but overinjecting can cause fat to die.  Rather than focusing on the amount of fat injected, I would recommend finding a surgeon who understands the shape you are looking for.  Meet with a few doctors and browse photo galleries.

How Much Fat can I have grafted during my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+4

Hi there-

I don't personally believe that there is an absolute number of cc's that can be transferred. It is true that if you place too much fat, the chances of fat survival go down, but this is because of increasing pressure in the tissues... if the pressure gets too high, blood cannot flow and the fat won't survive.

So the real determinant of how much can be safely and successfully placed in any particular patient is the elasticity of the tissues and the pressure that results from the grafting process...

I have successfully grafted up to 1000cc per cheek, with excellent retention (~80%) in patients whose anatomy allowed this volume without high pressure.

Of course, the only way to know what your body might tolerate would be to examine you- find a surgeon you like and trust and have an exam.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Volume of Fat transferred to EACH Butt Cheek in brazilian Butt Lift Cosmetic Surgery

+2

Limiting Buttock enhancement surgery to discussing cc's is a useless endeavor. To get THE perfect butt a lot more needs to be considered than just how much fat should be placed in each cheek.

It needs to start by looking at the buttocks and taking stock of their location and symmetry.
- Are the buttocks sagging?
- Is there definition to the low back-buttock junction or does the area just look like a ski slope from back to the top of each butt cheek?
- Is there a V-zone like valley separating the diverging cheeks which ends in the vertical inter buttocks crease?
- are the buttock cheeks round and half dome like or is there a lateral flatness or depression which needs to be filled?
- What kinds of buttocks does the patient find attractive? Different ethnic groups view different buttock shapes very differently.
- Which buttocks she finds objectionable?
- are her cosmetic goals reasonable?
- If so which technique is best likely to result in the buttocks the patient wants?
- if it is through fat grafting, how much fat do you estimate needing? Does the patient have this amount of EXCESS fat in her body?

On the average from 500 cc to 1,200 cc of graftable fat may be needed per cheek.

To read everything you need to know about FAT TRANSFER TO THE BUTT, BUTT AUGMENTATION and BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT, visit my informative web page below -

Dr. P. Aldea

How much fat can you transfer with a brazilian buttock lift.

+1

Thanks for the question -

There are limits to the amount of fat that can be placed in each buttock at any one time. The secret the the technique is distributing the fat in a diffuse enough pattern that the maximal amount of fat survives.

Typically about 75-80% of the fat survives.

Most experienced surgeons agree that transfers beyond 800-1000 cc of fat risk a significantly higher rate of fat death.

To achieve larger proportions you may need a series of surgeries.

Steven Williams, MD

Steven H. Williams, MD

How Much Fat is Needed for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Brazilian butt lift is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed on the abdomen, flanks, back and thighs to enhance your shape.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape. The fat can be placed in specific areas and combined with the liposuction to help you achieve the results that you desire!

However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon that performs this procedure frequently.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy.

Johnny Franco, MD