Would African American Rhinoplasty Cost More Than the Regular?

I'm interested in Ethnic Rhinoplasty. I'm African American and would love to get a Nose job. I was wondering about the price range would it be more because of my race. Do patients get a discount if they let doctors use their before and after result pictures?

I live in Southern California. I can never find any doctors who have pics of African American Women. They're always down South. My nose is big for my face I have small eyes and lips. It looks like a V but more flat U if corrected with the shape. I have no facial fat.

No cost difference for African American rhinoplasty

+3

The price for an African American rhinoplasty should be the same for any other rhinoplasties. There are different ethnic considerations that need to be addressed by your surgeon such as feminizing and narrowing and refining the tip, bridge, sidewalls, and upper lateral cartilages. Thick skin is a bit of a limitation with ethnic rhinoplasty, and sometimes cortisone shots in the first and second month of the postoperative phase are given in order to reduce scar tissue formation and fluid retention in the tip. Individuals who undergo ethnic rhinoplasty need to have more patience in seeing the final results.

African-American Rhinoplasty should not cost any more

+2

Rhinoplasty in African Americans should not cost more than any others. Numerous studies have revealed that there is tremendous variability in nasal anatomy with respect to every parameter, including nostril shape and flare, nasal length, skin thickness, columella length, nasal projection, and dorsal height in the African American nose.

However, despite the existence of detailed anatomic descriptions and anthropometric studies revealing this wide variability, many surgeons continue to attempt to “pigeon-hole” African Americans into a specific set of features.

As with any other procedure, it is important to find a rhinoplasty specialist who is comfortable in individualizing your procedure to accomplsih your goals. We welcome you contact us if you have any other specific questions we can answer for you.

Peyman Solieman, MD

African American Rhinoplasty Cost vs the Regular

+1
The cost for ethnic rhinoplasty like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We do not charge more for ethnic rhinoplasty than other rhinoplasty due to the frequency we do these cases.

We charge $4000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for ethnic rhinoplasty. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

African American Rhinoplasty: Choose An Experienced Surgeon

+1

When choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon to perform your ethnic rhinoplasty, it is important to select a surgeon who has experience in treating patients of different racial backgrounds. The goal of any rhinoplasty, and ethnic rhinoplasty in particular, is to produce a nose that looks natural.

African American rhinoplasty typically involves building up the bridge and narrowing a wide nose. The nose can be wide across the tip, across, the bridge, and wide from nostril to nostril. Correcting these problems can produce a nose that looks natural and is better proportion with the other facial features.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty costs

+1

In my practice, the cost is the same for a cosmetic rhinoplasty. If it is more than a cosmetic rhinoplasty such as treating the septum to correct deviation, there may be an additional charge.

The cost is the same.

+1

Make sure you see a rhinoplasty surgeon who does a large number of African-American noses. We have been doing this for more than 30 years and have many pictures from patients who only allow their use in the office. Make sure the surgeon does natural noses!

Africanin-American Rhinoplasty

+1

We frequently perform African-American rhinoplasty in our practice and our cost is the same as any other rhinoplasty. However, if for some reason a planned surgery requires a lot of time in the operating room then the cost can be a bit higher because the Anesthesiologist and facility will charge more for the extra time. You can see some examples on our website if you are interested. Web reference: www.drkaram.com

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

African American rhinoplasty

+1

In my practice African American rhinoplasty price is the same as other forms of rhinoplasty. It can be slightly less or more for different patients, depending on the extent of work that needs to be done, and length of surgery. African American rhinoplasty is not necessarily one operation that is suitable for everyone. There are many nuances to this procedure, and different patients need different operations. Make sure your surgeon does specialize in ethnic rhinoplasty, and can further discuss your expectations.

We usually do not discount procedures in exchange for use of photos. Our photos on the website come from patients who are happy with their results and are open about having them displayed on the internet.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

African American Rhinoplasty costs about the same as other rhinoplasty in my practice. The difference in cost is related to the time in the operating room as well as the charges of the anesthesiologist which are related to the time of the operation.

Patients do not get discounts for the use of before and after photos. You should consult with a few experienced and skilled rhinoplasty surgeons. Well trained rhinoplasty surgeons are able to perform African American rhinoplasty. We have "pics", but we are located "down South", Southern California.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Cost of AfricanAmerican rhinoplasty

+1

In many cases AfricanAmerican rhinoplasty might cost more because it involves the use of cartilage and/or bone grafts to achieve esthetic balence in the face. These grafts must be sculpted and tailored before placement.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon