How Can a Young Patient Pay for Plastic Surgery?

How do I afford plastic surgery if I'm still young? I don't want to borrow from my parents and I hate taking loans, so how do I finance that? And, I was curious, do you see plastic surgery decreasing in price within the next 4 years?

Doctor Answers 4

Affording Plastic Surgery

Thanks for your question -

As with anything else plastic surgery can be a serious financial investment. You should seriously consider the financial impact that spending or borrowing money can have on your financial future.

Most patients in our San Francisco area practice can get financing through care credit, a bank or can use a credit card. But we always encourage financial responsibility.

Remember - having a good surgery is about being ready, emotionally, financially and physically.

I hope this helps.

Money making scheme


We don't even know if you are a candidate for plastic surgery. Most teens are not. The most commonly performed plastic surgery procedures in teens are rhinoplasty (nasal surgery) and otoplasty (ear pinning) surgery. These are structures that have completed their growth in the teen years and are not likely to change into adulthood. If your concerns are regarding any thing else, no board certified plastic surgeon is likely to recommend surgery. If you have jaw growth problems insurance might cover your surgery and you wouldn't have to worry about payment. Good luck!

Young person and financing surgery

I assume you are not a minor. If you are a minor, then you have to have permission from your parents to have a procedure performed. If you are not a minor, then you can seek financing from a finance company.  However, you have to have a track record of paying bills on time and some kind of equity.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

How can a 14 year old girl pay for plastic surgery?

It does not make a difference.

Even if you found a briefcase full of money on your way to your Plastic surgeon's office, no ethical surgeon would consider operating on you without first establishing your emotional maturity AND obtaining your parents' permission.

So - as regards having your recessed chin addressed - you may benefit from EITHER a sliding genioplasty (using your own chin to augment it) or placement of an implant. Either way, your teeth would need to have fully matured and erupted and your facial skeleton must be mature before doing this surgery. I really would advise you to wait for a few more years.

Good Luck.

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.