Affirm Laser or Thermage for Eye Wrinkles?

I'm 30 years old. I have fine expression wrinkles around my eyes. Which is better for me, Affirm laser or Thermage?

Affirm and Thermage

+1

The Affirm laser can improve skin quality and Thermage can tighten the skin. Therefore, sometimes both technologies are used on the same person to lead to the best results.

Affirm vs Thermage

+1

If the choice was between Affirm and Thermage then Affirm will improve the fine line. However, since expression dynamics are the main cause, other measures like neurotoxins (Botox) should be considered. 

Farouk Iqbal, MD
Muscat Dermatologic Surgeon

Definitely Affirm for eye wrinkles

+1

Definitely Affirm, it’s a new type of laser eyelift. At Juva we have what’s called the Madonna Lift. It utilizes an innovative fractional CO2 laser which creates tiny microscopic channels in the tissue so that new collagen can grow in to rejuvenate the skin. It dramatically reduces the appearance of dark rings and wrinkles while tightening eyelid skin and elevating drooping eyebrows. Botox around the eyes will help to preserve the treatment, it will reframe the muscle from breaking down the collagen that the laser has just rejuvenated.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Consider Botox or a TCA peel

+1

Given the fact that you are 30 years old, my suspicion is that you are referring to what are described as "crow's feet". Botox is the most effective treatment for this aesthetic issue. If you do have a moderate amount of line related to sun damage, you may want to consider a skin resurfacing option like a TCA peel.

Thermage is a device that uses radio frequency to tighten skin. It's a great sounding name, but results have been very equivocal. Affirm is a non ablative laser that might provide some benefit. However, a long line of non ablative lasers such as "Nlite", "Cooltouch", etc have preceded Affirm and have provided less than spectacular results.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid wrinkles

+1

Actually, neither laser nor Thermage is best for eyeliud wrinkles as these are caused by squinting and smiling. Well performed Botox is the best treatment. Even if you lasered these wrinkles, they would just come back unless you block the muscle function ith Botox. So, skip the expensive laser/Thermage treatment and go directly to Botox.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS