Which is Better Between Affirm Laser and Fraxel for Acne Scars?

Fraxel for acne scars

+1

I prefer Fraxel's patented energy delivery system which rolls over the patients skin and delivers the energy in a uniform manner. Fraxel is also extremely powerful and allows treatments which are more aggressive than other fractionated devices. For acne scars, I prefer the Fraxel Repair (CO2) to the Fraxel Restore laser. The advantage of the Repair is that as an ablative laser it can remove more tissue than the nonablative Restore giving a better improvement in scars and wrinkles as well as tissue tightening. Also, the Repair is usually done as a singe treatment as opposed to the multiple treatments required for the Restore.

There have been more scientific publications on Fraxel

+1

Fraxel has become the gold standard for minimum downtown, multiple treatments for acne scars. It is also safe for most skin types. The results have been published in numerous peer-reviewed scientific journals. I am less familiar with the data on Affirm. Perhaps others can comment on its success.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist