Is Anything Added to Your Breast in a Breast Lift?

I was wondering because I don't want more added at this moment. Will the Breast lift also tighten your stomach? Does it leave scars? Say I'm 130 lbs, have had a baby and only have a handful of fat.

Anything added in a breast Lift?

+1

A breast lift does not add anything to your breast. In general, varying amounts of skin are removed, depending on how much lift you need, and possibly some breast tissue to "shape" your breast. If you dont' want anything added and are comfortable with being a bit smaller, then a lift could be a good option for you. There is a trade-off of scars, which can be very acceptable if done well, but you must decide if the trade-off is worth it for you.

A breast lift does not tighten your stomach.

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift results?

+1

During  a breast lift operation nothing is “added”. Generally, this operation serves to tighten up the breast skin envelope and move the nipple/areola complex superiorly.  Therefore there are limitations of what can be accomplished with size and fullness with the mastopexy surgery performed (without implants). This procedure will not tighten up your abdomen.

Before you undergo the breast procedure I would suggest that you understand your goals clearly and communicate those goals with your plastic surgeon clearly.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. When implants are to be used, 
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Size remains the same after breast lift.

+1

Hi.

Nothing is added in a breast lift, and nothing is taken away except a little skin. Best results with a vertical breast lift that leaves a lollipop scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Lift

+1

Hi,

Nothing is added to your breast with a breast lift. Actually, a minimal amount of breast tissue is removed. A breast augmentation adds volume, not a lift. A breast lift will have no effect on your abdomen. It will definitely leave scars. The scars depend on the type of lift that you have, but they will heal and fade in time. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Lifting the breast

+1

Properly done, the breast lift procedure (mastopexy) moves the breast up without disconnecting it and rearranges the skin envelope to accommodate this. It does not add or subtract any significant volume of the breast. It does not give it forward projection or specifically fill in the upper breast scallop. It cannot be done without scars. It does nothing for the abdomen. The breasts may look bigger or fuller because they're up higher but they aren't actually bigger.

Another myth is that breast implants can lift the breast. Implants only provide pillow volume and fill but do not lift. Breasts that are too low (ptotic) cannot be augmented by an implant alone and look good. Breasts that are big enough but too low need a lift and not an implant.

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Volume added with a breast lift

+1

To add volume with a breast lift you need an implant.  You can also tuck some of the extra skin back in with the outer layers removed for a little augmentation (autoaugmentation).  Yes, there are scars that are permanent but improve with time and the breast lift has no affect on the abdomen. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Do more homework!

+1

A breast lift will not affect the abdomen.  YES, scars will occur, but will fade.  The scar configuration will depend on the type procedure.  Skin and perhaps some breast tissue is removed, nothing (but surtures) are added.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Breast lift (mastopexy)

+1

A breast lift can be performed without an implant. There are many different techniques used to achieve a breast lift and the scars will differ. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. The lift will not tighten your stomach.

Breast lift

+1

A 'straight" breast lift does not add any more tissue to the breast, but does tighten the breast and lift it. If you want more tissue, then you should combine this with a breast augmentation with implants.  It does nothing for the abdomen.

Breast lift

+1

There is nothing added to your breast during a breast lift surgery unless you would benefit from an implant for fullness and volume. There are many different types of breast lift technique and the ideal one for you depends on your breast shape/size and your desired appearance. Typically skin and some breast tissue is removed to reshape your breasts and improve their appearance as well as reposition the nipple/areola complex. The trade-off is definitely scarring and this an important point to review with your surgeon. Although an overwhelming majority of scars heal well, there is always a chance for having an usightly scar. A breast lift will not have any effect on your abdomen. I would recommend that you have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all your desires and expectations.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD