Does Active FX Work on Acne Scars?

I've got moderate acne scars on my cheeks and forehead. Would Active FX be a good acne scar treatment?

Laser treatment for acne scars

+1

Active FX is a fractionated CO2 laser. Fractionated lasers apply a principle that is similar to aerating your lawn. By maintaining intact skin in between areas of injury you help facilitate quicker healing with less risk for things such as hypopigmentation.

Active FX is a superficial laser treatment and will work well for mild acne scars. Deeper scars require a deeper treatment such as the Deep FX which is made by the same laser company that makes Active FX.

Fractional CO2 Laser is the New Gold Standard for Acne Scar Revision

+1
While no other modality will every match traditional CO2 ablative laser resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser is truly the standard of care in 2009-2010 as most people are not willing to undergo general anesthesia and have 2 months of recovery period that are required of the traditional CO2 laser. Make sure that you seek out a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has performed at least 50 cases of your skin types and show you his own before and after photos and not someone else's.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Active Fx & Acne

+1

The Active Fx can be effective in improving mild acne scarring. However it is of minimal value in more severe scarring as is seen in cystic acne. Certain skin types respond Bette than otherw.