Should I Be on a Higher Dose of Accutane if No Improvement After 2 Months?

I've been on Accutane for 2 months now, and I haven't seen any improvement at all so far... is it from now on that my skin is supposed to improve?  My weight is 72 kilos (about 158 lbs.), and I take 30mg daily.  Is it enough, or should I take a higher dose?  Thanks.

Accutane effectiveness is based on the total cummulative dose

+1

Accutane is usually dosed at 1mg/kg/day. Typically, I would prescribe 40 mg twice daily for someone your size. At this dose most patients complete treatment in 5 or 6 months. If I use a lower dose, most patients will have to be on the medication for a longer period of time. I like for my patients to be totally clear for one month before stopping the medication. Accutane's effectiveness is usually determined by the total cummulative dose. Some doctors start at a lower dose for very severe cases so they don't get the initial flare. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Naples Dermatologist