Is there an alternative to the petroleum based gels following laser CO2 DOT treatment? (photo)

The Aquafor is a nightmare; worse than the treatment! I am unable to get it out of my hair after repeated shampoos, baking powder applications and washing with Dawn dishwashing detergent. Clothes, furniture and bedding is getting ruined as well, even though I am sleeping on towels. Can I just do without it?

You only need to use the aquaphor the first few days until the top layer of skin has regrown.

+1
Once the skin has healed you can switch over to a good moisturizer - but one without any perfumes or retinol/glycolic acid.  Be very careful using such strong products to wash your hair as the soap can be very irritating to the new skin.   
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is there an alternative to the petroleum based gels following laser CO2 DOT treatment?

+1

You really need to check with your surgeon if another option exists for you. I might suggest lanolin or cold cream...//

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.