I Am 5" 98 Pounds my Doctor Wants to Go 265ccs to Small?

I tried on the gel testers but shoving gel into a tight sports bra didn't seem like an accurate way of showing what the different sizes will look like . I know that I'm small but I've struggled with my breast my entire life(23 years old) I do not only want to finally be able to feel like a normal women but if im going under want some results

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant size

+1

I agree that trying on the implant sizer is not a prefect way to see how you will look like after surgery.  Based on your body measurement and your desired look, your plastic surgeon should give you a recommendation.  Please communicate with him/her what size/what kind of look you are going for. 

Sugene Kim, MD

For best results, do your homework, then trust your surgeon...

+1

Hi there,

Please understand that it would be very difficult if not completely impossible for anyone on an Internet forum to be able to accurately and responsibly advise you with regard to the implants that will most likely achieve your goals.

This is necessarily true, as the final appearance of your breasts will be determined by the relationship formed between the implant, and your tissues. This is a relationship no one online could possibly understand even if you had provided photographs.

Your best bet therefore, is to do your homework and choose the very best surgeon you can based on their record of success, review of multiple excellent outcomes, their education, training, and experience. Once you are confident you have chosen the very best surgeon for you, you should feel more confident making the leap of faith required to trust them, their experience, and their judgment to make recommendations that are in your best interest and the best interest of your goals.

I realize that it may seem more comfortable to have maximum control over all of these decisions, but your surgeon  (provided you choose him wisely) will be much more able to make them successfully then you will. Indeed, I see a significant number of unhappy patients who have had breast augmentation performed elsewhere and without understanding of these important  details.

Armando Soto, MD

Calculate implant volume

+1

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or told us your cup size.  However, if you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the size required to achieve your desired goal.  265 cc implants may be adequate to achieve your desired goal. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

I Am 5" 98 Pounds my Doctor Wants to Go 265ccs too Small?

+1

Without pictures it is hard to guess the correct size. A 265 cc implant  could be the right size but you and your surgeon should make that decision. I have found sizers to work very well in guiding a patient to the right size implant.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Expectations for breast augmentation

+1

Meeting expectations in breast augmentation will require selecting an implant that  will meet your expectations.  If your natural base diameter is less than 10 cm you will be limited to implants that have this approximate base diameter as well.  If you wan to go any larger you would need to consider a high profile implant.  

Size of breast implants

+1

A reputable board certified plastic surgeon will make certain that you are confident in your choice of implant size. Expectations should be equal to the reality of what the surgeon can achieve as this will result in a happy patient.  If you are unsure, contact your surgeon and discuss your options again.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon