Was 97 Lbs too Thin for Lipo?

I had liposuction for AFT to breasts. I was 97 lbs and 5'1'' no pregnancies. I am concerned that all my fat was taken out and I will have a sickly thin body the rest of my life. How likely is this? They took all the fat from everywhere: tummy, waist, flanks, innner,back and front of thighs. I regret.

Was 97 Lbs too Thin for Lipo?

+1

It is difficult to answer this question without before-and-after photos.  However, in general, I would have thought that at 97 pounds you might not have had enough fat to use for breast enlargement (AFT).  I understand that you might not have wanted breast implants but that might have been a better choice.  Either way, though, the appearance of your donor sites (where the fat was taken) is a combination of what you looked like before, how and where the fat was taken from, and the way that your skin was able to contract down into the new contour.  The specifics of that appearance is something you'll need to discuss with your plastic surgeon, and you can consider another opinion to get the best advice on this.

I am obviously sorry that you regret the decision.

Dr. E

Was 97 Lbs too Thin for Lipo?

+1

This is hard to answer without pre-op photos. Please consider reposting your question photos, preop and now, and if you have an idea of how much fat was removed and how much grafted.

It would not have been possible to remove all of your fat, but it is possible that too much was taken. But without further info it is not possible for me to answer your question. 
All the best. 

Too thin for lipo?

+1

Photos are necessary for any comment about your results.  You seem concerned about your weight but you have not mentioned how the suctioned areas appear and how your breasts appear.  These are important considerations, not just your weight.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Lipo with autologous fat injection

+1

It is unlikely that all your fat was removed when the fat was harvested. Without an exam it is difficult to tell.

Too thin for lipo? Depends

+1

It would be best to evaluate body measurements before surgery to see if adequate fat is present for AFT. Without that data it is very hard to make any assessment.

It is very unlikely that "all" the fat was removed, so a bit of work in that department should be able to compensate for any shape defect currently.

Best wishes of complete recovery!

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

97 lbs Too Thin for Liposuction

+1

Too thin?  This is hard to answer without any pictures.   You have a problem that is easily remedied with a little weight gain.  However, if you been thin all of your life, this may be problematic.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA