9 days post op septo/rhino/turbinoplasty/, cast and tubes removed 2 days ago. Will my smile go back to normal? (Photo)

My nostrils are uneven and my smile looks ridiculous. I understand that I am still very swollen but my nostrils are not. It looks like when he stitched my nose back down it was pulled sideways leaving my once very small/symmetric nostrils uneven/bigger. My upper teeth and gums have been sore/sensitive since the surgery. When I smile now my teeth do not even show my upper teeth. It feels as if bone/cartilage was moved down. If I push on the tip of my nose I feel it pushing against my upper gums.

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1
Thanks for your question.
I am sorry that you are not happy with your result.
Please note that you are in early phase after surgery. Please be patient and follow up with your surgeon.
Your results will most likely improve.
Best Wishes,
Dr. Sajjadian

Change in smile after Rhinoplasty

+1
Without knowing what exactly was done, it is very difficult to predict your long-term results.  Sometimes a small muscle is divided during rhinoplasty that causes the tip of the nose to depress when you talk or smile.  This can affect how the upper lip shows the teeth.  Overall, I would not be terribly concerned.  It is important to remember that you will not see your final result from rhinoplasty for approximately 9 months.  It is also important to communicate your concerns to your surgeon.

Jarrod Little, MD