90 Days After Lipo, is This Swelling Permanent? (photo)

I had liposuction, not sure the exact type of procedure, on my flanks, 90 days ago (the doctor said he removed 400grams). I still have puffy flanks, and it all looks almost identical to me, before and after. I have read many questions on here staying most swelling will have gone down after 90 days, but that it takes a full 6 months or more to see totally final results. Is this the most reduction I can expect? I wore the compression garment for a full 60 days.

Prolonged swelling or inadequate results after #liposuction

+3

If the swelling hasn't completely subsided by the end of 3 months one must consult with their surgeon to make sure there is no need for a touch up or a revision. I'm not sure if u will see any additional improvement after 3 months

Liopsuction and swelling

+2

Usually by 3-4 months the majority of swelling will go down.  You should give it 2-3 more months. If concerned, then talk to your surgeon.

Swelling after liposuction

+2

While it is true that much of the swelling after liposuction goes away over the three months following you procedure, you will likely continue to see some changes over the next three months as well.  If you have some concern, you should discuss it with your surgeon.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+2

Thanks for your question -

In our Bay Area practice we perform liposuctions frequently.  Most of the time patients see a significant difference within the first month but final improvement can take 6 months to a year to realize.

It can be challenging but additional time is the key here.

Steven H. Williams, MD

6 Months or More for Swelling to Subside after Liposuction

+2

It can take 6 months or more for swelling to resolve following liposuction.  I would give it some more time.   In addition, the volume removed was small, and, as such, the improvement will be more subtle.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

90 Days After Lipo, is This Swelling Permanent

+2

I actually see a noticeable improvement on the posterior view. At three months there is often still some swelling, especially in the flanks, so more definition is still likely over the next 3. 

All the best. 

Liposuction postop question

+2

The photos do show a nice early resuly with an obvious difference visible.  The flanks don't yeild that much volume so don't be alarmend because the output wasn't in the 1000's.  At 6 months you'll be done healing.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

90 Days After Lipo, is This Swelling Permanent?

+1

Thanks very much for your question.  You likely will not see a significant amount of reduction in swelling at this point.  

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Appears you have an improvement. If it is not to your satisfaction than you need to discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

No change after liposuction

+1

After 90 days, you should have a pretty good idea of what the result will be. Without photos, its hard to say if 400 grams is a little or a lot. Make sure you compare before and after photos because sometimes you dont realize the improvement until you see the photos. If there really is minimal difference, then another lipo treatment may be beneficial.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon