90 Days After Lipo, is This Swelling Permanent? (photo)

I had liposuction, not sure the exact type of procedure, on my flanks, 90 days ago (the doctor said he removed 400grams). I still have puffy flanks, and it all looks almost identical to me, before and after. I have read many questions on here staying most swelling will have gone down after 90 days, but that it takes a full 6 months or more to see totally final results. Is this the most reduction I can expect? I wore the compression garment for a full 60 days.

Liopsuction and swelling

+2

Usually by 3-4 months the majority of swelling will go down.  You should give it 2-3 more months. If concerned, then talk to your surgeon.

Prolonged swelling or inadequate results after #liposuction

+2

If the swelling hasn't completely subsided by the end of 3 months one must consult with their surgeon to make sure there is no need for a touch up or a revision. I'm not sure if u will see any additional improvement after 3 months

Swelling after liposuction

+2

While it is true that much of the swelling after liposuction goes away over the three months following you procedure, you will likely continue to see some changes over the next three months as well.  If you have some concern, you should discuss it with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://santabarbaraliposuction.com

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+2

Thanks for your question -

In our Bay Area practice we perform liposuctions frequently.  Most of the time patients see a significant difference within the first month but final improvement can take 6 months to a year to realize.

It can be challenging but additional time is the key here.

Web reference: http://www.trivalleyplasticsurgery.com

6 Months or More for Swelling to Subside after Liposuction

+2

It can take 6 months or more for swelling to resolve following liposuction.  I would give it some more time.   In addition, the volume removed was small, and, as such, the improvement will be more subtle.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

90 Days After Lipo, is This Swelling Permanent

+2

I actually see a noticeable improvement on the posterior view. At three months there is often still some swelling, especially in the flanks, so more definition is still likely over the next 3. 

All the best. 

Liposuction postop question

+2

The photos do show a nice early resuly with an obvious difference visible.  The flanks don't yeild that much volume so don't be alarmend because the output wasn't in the 1000's.  At 6 months you'll be done healing.

90 Days After Lipo, is This Swelling Permanent?

+1

Thanks very much for your question.  You likely will not see a significant amount of reduction in swelling at this point.  

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Appears you have an improvement. If it is not to your satisfaction than you need to discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

You should wait

+1

You looked fine before the liposuction and you look better now. You will not get a drastic improvement since you are in good shape.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon