9 Weeks Post Breast Aug and Implants? (photo)

I am 9 weeks out (July 20th was surg date) I feel that my breast are uneven and larger on the top. The right breast just below the areola on the incsion line is a round feeling bump under the skin (not protruding). After having my tummy tuck incision dehisce (not a smoker either) I am praying I dont have the beginning of capsular contracure. Both breast feel the same in firmness and move the same when massaged. The unevenness and the hardness round area at the incision are my questions

9 Weeks Post Breast Aug and Implants

Thank you for your question and for the photos.  The bumps you are feeling are some combination of normal wound healing and sutures, which will dissolve in time.

The implants are a bit high-riding, and will in all probability settle over the next few months, Massage and a strap to gently push down on the implants may speed this up--your surgeon can advice on the strap. 

Although there is a little asymmetry, this too may resolve, and it is early in the post op course to begin to think about revision surgery. 

Continue to massage, follow up with your surgeon, and follow the instructions.

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

9 weeks after an augmentation mastopexy

Your photos also show you had a mastopexy and the scars laterally appear to be healing well as fine lines.  Any bumps under you healing incisions will be considered scar tissue and should improve with time.  If anything progresses, you should bring this to the attention of your surgeon.  If you wish to have your implants lower, talk to your surgeon about using an upper pole strap as I use them routinely in my patients and invariably, the discomfort of using the strap is well worth it when it produces the desired long term result in the vast majority of my patients. 

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Post breast lift and implants

You are probably feeling the scar tissue that has developed at the incision sites.  You probably need to give it more time to heal. If you are concerned, you should touch base with your surgeon.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Post augment height difference

The implants are high and may continue to drop over time.  There is an asymmetry but without preop photos, it is impossible to tell whether you started asymmetrically.  I agree that the implants should be have been slightly smaller and that you appear to have slight symmastia as a result. Continue to followup with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

From you pictures it looks like you need to be wearing a breast stabilizer band to help your implants drop into position. Whether you are getting a capsular contraction it would be very hard to tell without an exam. Week’s post-surgery is too early to tell if that is your situation. You need to have your PS examine you to get accurate advice.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

9025 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Breast augmentation

You seem to have had a breast lift as well as breast augmentation.

The implants may be under the muscle and will look high till they settle. The implants are too big, you almost have symmastia.

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Post-op Breast result

Looks like you had a breast lift in addition to breast implants.?  In this case even more it is not unusual for the implants to still be a little high and dropping into position over the ensuing 4-6 months.  Also, some areas of "hardness" is very common after a breast lift because there is a lot more tissue swelling and healing going on - again for at least another 4-6+ months.  Be sure to consult with your operating surgeon as well with these questions.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

9090 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211