9 Hour Flight 12 Days After Butt Aug with Fat, Lipo and Breast Lift

would extended sitting 12 days after butt fat graph affect my results negatively?

Flying after brazilian butt lift procedure

+1

Many of my patients come from other parts of the country for Brazilian butt lift and this is a common question they ask. The post operative instructions are as important as the surgery itself.  Remember that the fat that has been processed and reinjected into the buttock behaves as a graft for the first two weeks. This means that the fat is nourished by its surrounding soft tissue, and it does not have its own blood supply yet. The fat needs to be handled with care and prolonged pressure by sitting after surgery can have a detrimental effect on the fat survival.

If you have to travel for 9 hrs, I recommend that you stay in the area where you had your surgery for at least 7–10 days. On your way back, make sure that you walk for some time  during your flight. In addition, buy a cigar-shaped cushion. You will put it under your thighs to bump you buttock and minimal pressure will be applied to the gluteal area. 

Post-op care of buttock augmentation

+1

Post-op care of an area that has just had a fat grafting treatment is really quite important.  The freshly transferred cells do not tolerate pressure well.  I would not agree with what your are proposing.  Sorry!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Prolonged sitting immediately after buttock augmentation no advised

+1

I concur with most of my colleagues here. Immediately following your buttock augmentation procedure, I generally do not recommend prolonged sitting for approx. 2-3 weeks. Prolonged continuous pressure on an augmented buttock immediately after fat grafting could affect your results.  In addition, with a 9 hour flight - I worry about DVT (blood clot) risks.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Sitting and Flying after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Flying: Generally this is not advised even though other surgeons may do this the risk of a fatal blood clot is particularly high if an individual travels on a plane within two weeks of surgery.

Also, sitting for extended periods of time up to three weeks following surgery can have an adverse effect on your results. 

Yes, extended sitting can negatively affect brazilian butt lift results

+1

In order for the fat injected during the butt augmentation procedure to produce long-lasting results, the fat has to be aspirated properly, processed properly, and injected properly. And the post operative period is just as important as the surgery itself.

I tell all my brazilian butt lift patients that they should not sit at all for up to 3 weeks after surgery, though most patients can return to work in 2 weeks. I would strongly discourage a 9 hour flight 12 days after surgery since it is likely to negatively affect permanent results.

Once the fat grafts are in place, they're not likely to take root if they're being squashed beneath your body weight. You want to keep those grafts completely free of pressure until blood vessels grow into them and until those vessels are hardy enough to withstand the pressure and shearing effects of sitting on them.

Wearing compression garments is also very important as they cut down swelling tremendously. When there is swelling, oxygen delivery and evacuation of toxins are impaired which can, in turn, also reduce likelihood of fat graft cell survival.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Air travel and position after buttock augmentation

+1

Extended sitting after buttock augmentation should be avoided for a few weeks after surgery to improve the survival of the transferred fat grafts.  More importantly, is the risk of developing blood clots in your legs (DVT) during a long flight.  It's important to be well hydrated and walk multiple times throughout a lengthy plane flight. The longer you can wait to travel after your surgery, the lower your risk of developing blood clots will be.

Please consult with your board certified plastic surgeon for more specific guidelines regarding air travel for your particular situation.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

after Brazilian butt enhancement you need to limit sittin directly on the injected fat. Try a doughnut or two so that you are not sitting on the injected fat.

The more important aspect is flying 9 hours  12 days after another long surgery , then you are at a very high risk for blood clots in the lega and blood clots going to the lungs.

My consultant hematologist tells me that after major surgery the patient is at high risk of blood clots for 6 weeks after the surgery( INFLAMATORY PHASE)

Flying for long time also carries a risk of blood clots.

You need to consult your PLASTIC SURGEON and a HEMATOLOGIST and see what they recommend to decrease the risk of blood clots, that is more important aspect for international tourist cosmetic surgery

9 hours of sitting NOT recommended 12 days after Butt Enhancement

+1

Hi there-

All surgeons will very a bit in terms of their postoperative restrictions and recommendations, but most of us are going to want you to avoid sitting for at least a couple of weeks... 

What you are suggesting (9 hours of sitting 12 days after surgery) would not be acceptable to me.

On the other hand, we usually teach our patients positions they can rest in where the weight of their body is not on their buttock itself. In these positions, flying would be okay.

Talk to your surgeon to see what their procedures and recommendations are for you.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS