9 Days Post TT; Question Re Compression and Leakage?

I'm 10 days post op from a full tummy tuck. I've noticed belly button leakage after wearing a waist trimmer for about an hour the other day (while washing my binder), and after 30 minutes of wearing a spanx garment (since my doc said I could switch to this if I chose). Is this normal? I don't seem to get fluid leakage when wearing my regular binder. My belly button incision still has the "glue" around it. I have a gelzone wrap that I haven't tried yet. Any info would be much appreciated.

Weeping belly button

+1

It it most likely suture irritation. However your surgeon should follow you closely in case an infection arises. 

9 Days after Tummy Tuck and Belly Button Leakage

+1

Belly button leakage is most likely due to residual fluid within the healing tissue of the tummy tuck.  If this is clear and there are no signs of infection or fluid collection then this will likely resolve.  If you still have your drain at day 9, please make sure it is functioning and that you are stripping it.  Wear your compression garment as well.   Suture irritation is another possibility as mentioned.

Post TT; Question Re Compression and Leakage

+1

Hard to answer without at least a photo. In any case, having your surgeon take a look makes most sense. There could be a suture that has worked its way to the surface causing the drainage, and removing it will usually resolve the problem.