I'm 8wks Po BA & my (R) Brst is Still to High. I'm 5'4 128lbs & Got 475cc Mod+ Silicone? (photo)

My PS said I have asymmetric breast & to wait another month. I wld pls like a second opinion. Thanks

Healing after breast surery

+1

breast implants can settle for 3 or 4 months safter surgery

massage,, breast straps or ace bandage along with taping the areola up can help

One implant higher than the other

+1

When I put an implant above the chest muscle, I tell my patients that they might see their final result in 2-3 weeks.  When I put them under the chest muscle, I tell them that it might take 2-3 MONTHS before the muscle stretches and allows the tissues to settle.  Even then, there are a few patients who take longer to completely settle.  Sometimes, one side will settle faster than the other side.  I have tried to figure out the reason for this but I haven't found it yet. 

If my patients are not at their final result by three months, that is, if one or both implants are still sitting too high, I give them the option of going back to surgery and opening up the lower portion of the breast pocket more or waiting an additional three months.  That is probably what I would suggest for you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

8 weeks post breast implants one is higher

+1

At two months, it is not uncommon of one implant to be a bit higher than the other. You should give it  a few more months to settle. Remember each breast is a bit different, and so too may be the folds and height.

Probable pseudoglandular ptosis following breast augmentation

+1

I looks like you had some degree of breast sagging prior to the procedure and that the soft tissue is hanging off a a subpectoral implant placement.  It helps to try to stretch out the inferior pole of the breast by placing your right hand at the top of the left breast and pushing upwards.  This will push the implant down.   If your breasts do not improve over the next 6 or 8 weeks then you may need a breast lift to achieve symmetry or an inferior capsulotomy.  A full examination is necessary to give you the best answer.  

Right Implant Still High 8 Weeks After Breast Augmentation

+1

The right implant should be aggressively massaged for the next several months.  I have seen many of these issues resolve between months 3 and 6 for larger implants.

Implants don't appear to be the problem

+1

Dear Alma; WHile the right implant is high I was curious if any plastic surgeon recommended a lift at the same time  It does appear the nipples point downward and your creases were uneven before surgey.  Regardless of the lift issue I feel it is still too soon to tell.  I would recommend waiting 3 months for the implants to settle.  If at that time the right remains high, I would lower the implant surgically to match the left.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton, FL

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

It is normal for breast implants to "settle" at different rates, particularly if there is significant asymmetry prior to the breast augmentation.  I agree with your plastic surgeon's recommendation that you wait at least another month (or longer, as you may note gradual improvement in your appearance).

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Implant placement

+1

If you are only 8 weeks out, I would recommend you wait a minimum of 2 more months. If a revision is needed at that point it can be done, but I would try to get you to wait until you are 6 months post-op. 

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after augmentation

+1

If you are 2 months post-op, I would continue to massage the side the is higher harder downward position. You may end up needing some revision to lower the pocket of the higher implants, though. I generally would wait about 6 months post op.

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon