Botched Breast Augmentation? Lift Paid for and Not Done and the Possible Development of Double Bubble? (photo)

With the initial consust my surgeon stated that I would likely need a mini lift; however, the day before the MM he informed me that with my 475cc implants he felt I didn't need a lift and would likely not be doing one. I am just over 2 weeks post op and it appears I may have the beginnings of a double bubble on the right breast (left in pic). With submuscular implants I feel this is due to needing the lift and not getting one. Can this work itself out, how bad is it this early in the game?

Breast Augmentation versus Augmentation and lift

+2

I have not reviewed your pre-operative pictures.  After assessing the pictures posted, I would not diagnose a double bubble of the right breast.  It looks as if teh implants were inserted through the inferior nipple areola complex.  You definitely have post-operative edema and this may be what you are seeing at this time.  It is too early to worry about having needed a lift.  The implants are sitting high on your chest at this time.  The skin between the nipple and breast fold looks to be short and needs time to expand.  I demonstrate massage of the breasts at four days post-op for the patient to do on a regular basis, daily to help the skin expand.  As soon as the implants settle, your breasts will probably be beautiful.  Try not to worry at this time.  I understand it is difficult to perceive the outcome, but what you are seeing looks to be normal for recent post-operative recovery.

Thanks

Implants too high after augmentation

+2

Your subpectoral augmentation looks normal for 2 weeks post op.  The implants should drop and the nipple position look more normal.  I would wait at lease 3 months before making any determination about whether a lift is needed or not.  My guess is that you will not need a lift.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Breast augmentation issues

+1

I think that it is too early to determine. Let the breast implants settle a bit and then reassess in about 3-4 months.

Too early

+1

Your before picture would have been helpful. Please see your surgeon about the issue of the refund for the lift and he should refund you for the lift. You need to wait at least 3 months to see the final result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift (Mastopexy)

+1

I think it is too early to tell if you have a true "double bubble".  You are still swollen and will likely have settling of the implants over the next 4-6 weeks.  I would not classify this as a suboptimal result. It appears that your fold was likely lowered internally by your surgeon while making the pocket. The results of this will not be seen for a few more weeks. Best wishes.

Eric Egozi, MD

Too early to tell

+1

At 5 days you should be spending the time relaxing and recovering, not worrying.  At 3-4 months the tissues will have settled and you will know whether the look is what you are happy with. I would think in the meantime, your doctor would refund you if you paid for a lift that wasn't done.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS