Is 800cc a Good Idea? (photo)

My first surgery was 9 yrs ago and I let ppl talk me into smaller than I am happy with. I think what I have now are 300cc saline and I want to replace with 700cc-800cc silicone. I am 5'6" 136 lbs and a figure competitor, so I am very muscular and my back is wide. This wasn't the case 9 yrs ago. But am I gonna be ok if I go this big? I like the pics I see of that size but I have read some things that kinda scare me into thinking I can't go that big. Can I?

Breast implants

+2

Size is always a matter of personal opinion.  I would advise against going with 800  cc implants.  they will sag a lot and thin out your skin.  In my opinion, too large, but there are plenty of plastic surgeons out there who will do it for you.  I am not one of them.

The question is: how big do I want to go and do the rewards merit the risk

+2

I have placed a few 800ml implants but they have been in 6ft tall plus women who had a healthy amount of breast tissue (i.e. they were not thin) and already had relatively large implants (500+).  In your case your photo shows think breast tissue.  If you are desiring very large and very projected breasts this can be accomplished but some care would be needed.  An internal support may be warranted with ADM (acellular dermal matrix) and religious wearing of a bra would be highly recommended.  I suspect that HP or extra high profile silicone implants in the 600+ range would be all that you would want for your frame but you will have to make that decision for yourself.  Attached is a link to before and after photos from one of my patients from Las Vegas that I performed an augmentation revision.  She has extra high profile 550ml implants.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Beautiful breasts without Large Implants

+1

No, it is not a good idea.  You would benefit from a breast lift, keeping the same implant or perhaps changing the size slightly.  Your breasts are too far apart and too low.  You are a perfect candidate for a new procedure called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  The only incisions are around the nipples avoiding lollipop or boat anchor incisions.  Remember, your goal is to have beautiful breasts and be pain free.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is 800cc a good idea?

+1

The simple answer to this question is no. 

Your tissues tolerated the size and volume of 300 cc's the first time but now you're asking it to increase that by 2 1/2 times. This is the usual problem of starting with the cc's of volume and working backwards like choosing a dress or shoe size and making it work. In my experience the tissues of the breast will tolerate some filling of the width (and height in a round implant) and some forward projection, but from an existing 300 cc implant this would be in the range of a 500 cc implant. The actual amount is determined by looking at an implant that is about 1 1/2 cm wider and has a more forward projection (if you're not already at a high profile projection). 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

800 mL Breast Implants Okay for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Whether or not you will do well with larger breast implants will depend on your physical examination;  this visible examination will allow for precise measurement of your breasts' dimensions  and an evaluation of the breast skin "envelope" characteristics. Without this examination it is not possible to give you any type of precise advice.

In  other words, there is no substitute for in-person consultation. however, the attached link may be helpful to you as you do your research.

Is 800cc a Good Idea?

+1

Thanks for posting a frontal photo. It appears as you are above the muscle, so yes you can try for 700 cc +/-. But you will have a fake appearance in my opinion.

Is 800cc too large?

+1

There is really no substitute for an in person exam but your tissues appear fairly thin in your lower breast where your ca see the rippling from what appear to be saline implants. It is not uncommon for me to use 800cc implants but there is no question they are heavier and place more stress on your tissues. It is hard to tell you what your breast size would be with larger implants because it depends on what your natural tissue but you are considering more than doubling your implant size. Talk with your plastic surgeon about what to expect in the short term as well as the long term prior to increasing to 800cc.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

800 cc implants

+1

I do not recommend 800 cc implants. I think that this are very larger implants and you body may not be able to "handle them."

Is an 800cc implant a good idea

+1

Generally speaking, the larger the implant the more skin thinning and 'show through' of a breast implant with an unnatural result. For some however the implant might be the best choice based on life style and goals. A 700-800cc subglandular silicone gel will fit your breast, and if you are up to the risk you can have them if you wish to.

800 cc implants

+1

Your skin is already stretched and thin.  You can see rippling of the saline implant through your skin in the lower part of your breasts.  If you change to 800 cc implants you will likely stretch the skin even more and create more drooping...a term we call an "implant cripple".

Larger silicone gel filled implants may be a reasonable option, but I would avoid 800 cc.  Discuss this with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon