750cc in Tissue Expanders Currently. Is 800cc Correct for Silicone?

I am 6 weeks out of Preventative Bilateral Mastectomy, BRCA1 positive, pathology is clear. Skin Sparing, not Nipple sparing.My PS was able to make dermal slings out of my own tissue as I was a DD with significant ptosis. In the TE's, I am now a D cup, which I want to be. Will 800cc Allergan 45's make me look smaller than I do now? 145 pounds, 5 feet 4 inches, ribcage is 33 inches.

Breast reconstruction

+1
Not alll 800cc implants are the same. Just as all D cup breast are not the same. The volume of a 34d is different than a 36d. You chest diameter needs to be measured to determined the best profile and size for your body.

Implant vs Tissue Expander size

+1

An even swap for size is the norm when implants are placed to replace Tissue Expanders.  Implants do tend to look more natural with less projection.  An 800cc style 45 is a very tall implant and will give you good projection.  The downside is that an implant that large has an increased risk on complications.  You should discuss all the pros and cons with your PS.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

You should Be Fine

+1

Hard to say without photos and or an exam.  However you should be about the same size as you are now.  Good Luck.     Dr Grant Stevens    

Grant Stevens, MD

+1

Really hard to advise with no photos. But I believe you are correct. Best to discuss in detail with your chosen surgeon. 

Seems large for your size

+1

This will be a heavy implant, but if you like the size of the 750 expander then you will need a 750 to 800 cc implant to match.  The silicone gel implants will feel much softer than your expanders and are usually much more comfortable.

Good Luck

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

+1

If you have 750 cc's of fill in your tissue expandersa and you like the way they look, then an implant to match that volume may be appropriate for you.  Speak with your surgeon to see if this is what he recommends.