750cc High Profile Breasts Too Large for 5'4 and 165 pounds?

Hi! I am getting a Breast implant on Monday. I am an A cup now. I'm 5'4 and 165 pounds. I think I'm going 750cc high profile. Is that going to be to big?

Implant Selection Process

Generally speaking, larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

750cc High Profile Breasts Too Large for 5'4 and 165 pounds

You are nearly 40 lbs over your ideal body weight and this may be a reasonable implant for your body but it is larger than average and does carry additional risks.

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Big breast implants are unsafe

I would be vary careful with implants this large. You may not have enough soft tissue to support the implants. The implants are so large that you may lose the cleft between your breasts creating one large breast (symastia).

Please talk to your surgeon at length before proceeding.

Michael Diaz, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizes.

1)  In New York, we have done many, many breast augmentations, and we have never used implants larger than 500 cc's  (and that big very rarely).

2)  Like the other doctors, I would urge you not to do this.  Perhaps you misunderstood what your surgeon said.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

750cc HP implants are likely too large for you

From the starting point of an "A" cup, the volume of 750 cc, particularly in a high profile implant is likely to have long term detrimental effects to your tissues, increasing the risk of over stretch of your skin and increasing the risk of complications. The size you are considering is on the far edge of what is acceptable for most chests, breasts and women. In 18 years of practice i have not seen a primary augmentation patient that it made "sense" to use an implant of that size and projection.

Patients may have their desires for fullness and outcome, but those desires need to be balanced with reality and the effects of too big an implant on your body and breast over time.

John E. Gross, MD

Massive Breast Implants

I've never heard of a woman getting implants that size unless he wanted "novelty" breasts for the sake of some form of adult entertainment.

At best they will look unnatural, at worse there will be stretching and damage to your tissue.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

750 cc high profile implants are HUGE

The implants you describe are almost at the max on the catalogs and are huge.  Make sure your surgeon and you are on the same page before you proceed!

750 cc breast implants are very large

These are very large implants. Hopefully, your tissues will be able to handle them. I have never placed such large implants in a first time patient and only very rarely in a revision / reconstruction.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Large implants

Typical implants range from somewhere in the 200 cc's. to 300-450 cc. range. The size you quote volume-wise is extraordinarily large. Even if you could place such a large implant, you have to know that the same pressures expanding your soft tissue is also pushing on your ribs and will over time undoubtably cause rib deformities.

Implants should be predominately chosen based on base diameter or width as well as projection or profile. Volume is aby-product of those decisions. Of course, you are doing this for a certain look so you have to reconcile the look that you want with the safety of the procedure, both short-term as well as long term and then know and accept the consequences. It is extremely rare that I end up using high profile implants.

On another note, with any body contouoring procedure, of which breast augmentation is one, you should try to achieve your highest level of fitness first. Although I do not know for a fact, a woman who is 5'4" and 165 pounds probably has a way to go to attaint hat goal. If your body is disproportionately large compared to your breasts, you might be trying to over-augment the breast to fit the body. Just a conjecture...

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Will 750cc high profile Breast implants be too large

"Is that going to be to big?" It depends on what you are trying to achieve, what your occupation is and what your long-term vision of what your breasts would look like really is.

Putting the largest HP breast implants in a rather flat chested smaller framed woman would guarantee several things; That your chest will become the visual lighting rod whenever you walk into a room. All men will reflexively stare at your chest regardless of what you say, how you look and how professional you may wish to appear. The result will look very DONE and artificial and no one will doubt for a second what you had done. The breast skin will be tight initially and the implant shell and its ridges and ripples will be visible and palpable. You may have a problem finding bras and blouses that fit properly. You may find that physical exercise is more difficult than it used to be. In a few months, the breasts will begin sagging rapidly requiring you to wear support all the time.

I am NOT saying you should not have them put in. A lot of dancers have such implants put in - but their lifetime of looking good is rather short.

As regards "I think I'm going 750cc high profile." When are you going to know the implants size you are getting? I think you should know which implants are used and be sure to know the downside of using them. ONLY if you accept all the benefits and the considerable complications associated with heavy breast implants should you proceed.

I hope this was helpful.