750 cc high profile implant for 5'10 and 140 lbs

Im 5'10 at 140 lbs, would a high profile 750 cc implant be to much? My doctor said because of my size that it would look big but be ok.

Breast Implants Too Big

+3

Do not under any circumstances have breast implants placed in your chest that are that large. The long term and even short term consequences are disastrous. You will 100% have thinning out of your skin adn soft tissues of your breasts. This will lead to necessity for a lift and down-sizing which will never look as good as you could look now, if the appropriate size implants were placed.  You will also end-up having lots of scars because of all the excess stretched out skin. Just think of how your skin now and later (when it is weakened and thinned out even more) will be able to handle such heavy implants. The answer is , they can't.  Be very cautious.  It is better to have smaller implants placed with or without a minimal scar breast lift. You can also have one surgery (lift or augmentation) and then the other within three months.  Be safe and treat you body with respect.

750cc Implants Too Large for Most Women

+2

With your body dimensions, I definitely feel that a 750cc would be too large, unless you are seeking a profound "fake look' and/or planning to dance topless.  I have never used an implant this large except when using for breast reconstruction.

John Whitt, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking,larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Very large breast implants may be acceptable but come with risks: be aware

+1

Yes, this is a larger than average breast implant.

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Be careful what you wish for!

+1

There are certainly circumstances when a 750 cc implant would be appropriate. Preoperative simulations such as sizers or computer generated 3d imaging would be very helpful. Make sure that this is your decision and not only your surgeon's. You have to consider the down sides too. These implants are heavy! It would be very unfortunatel if you traded a nice look for chronic back pain. As in all breast augmentation cases, you have to examine the up side as well as the down side.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Would 750 Cc Breast Implants Be Too Much for Me?

+1

Regarding: "Would 750 Cc's Be Too Much for Me?
Im 5'10 at 140 lbs, would a high profile 750 cc implant be to much? My doctor said because of my size that it would look big but be ok
."

Beauty standards vary from country to country and even from one region to another.

Having lips stretched out gradually until you can place a coffee cup plate in the lower lip is a mark of beauty in certain African cultures.  The the Giraffe women of the Padaung tribe of Burma stretch their necks with up to 11 pounds of brass coils as a sign of beauty. The ancient Chinese bound and deformed the feet of their women as a sign of beauty. Tattoos and body piercings, formerly the province of sailors, criminals and fallen angels, have become main stream and fashionable in many areas of the Western world. The list of such acts is long indeed.

750 cc implants are VERY large implants. High Profiles 750's look even more "torpedo"-like. If this is the look you are after, these are the implants for you. Obviously if you are in the entertainment business, these implants would be more acceptable than if you were in the corporate world.

What you must understand is that large implants cause thinning of the breast tissues (resulting in implant palpability and visibility) and cause irreversible and rapid sagging guaranteeing MORE breast re operations.

Choose carefully.

Dr. Peter Aldea

A Coverage question

+1

750 cc is a very large volume. Unless you have a good deal of soft tissue on your chest for coverage, these implants are likely too large.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

Hello La La!

Thanks for the question....your measurements of 5'10" and 140 lbs will put you in the tall and thin category; but it is typically the measurements we perform of your chest and breast that guide most plastic surgeons towards or away from certain implant sizes and dimensions. My average implant size is around 350-400 ccs...I have been using more high and moderate profile plus implants of late as I feel they achieve a great look and my patients are really happy with the shape.

Honestly, though, I think 750cc implants will place a tremendous amount of stress on your skin,soft tissue and musculo-skeletal system...I would not push the envelope. See a couple additional surgeons in your area, making sure they are board certified plastic surgeons. See what they have to say, the second and third opinion might help make your decision easier.

Good Luck!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD

750 cc breast implants are too big for anybody.

+1

Don't do it .  Very big implants stretch your tissues and age very badly.  Also associated with more complications.

When doing breast augmentation in New York City, we never use more than 500 cc implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

750 is a big implant

+1

750cc is a very large implant. Unless you have a large chest width and want to be several cup sizes larger than you are now, this would appear to be too large.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon