Are 750 Cc HP Saline Implants from Mentor the Way to Go?

Hello. I lost weight over the past year and a half (the natural way : diet and exercise) and do lots of pilates and yoga. I have an autoimmune telated arthritis and fibromyalgia, but maintain a healthy lifestyle. I went from 190 to 120 lbs, and 33% body fat to 21%. i am also 5'7". I used to be a 38 d pd (sometimes an f) but am now a 34 full C with 34" hips. I want to get back to the bustiness I have always had, even before I gained the weight (I was a natural D cup and 115 lbs six years ago.

Implant Selection Process

+1

I would caution against implants in this size range, unless you have a very large breast mound and skin envelope.   Generally speaking,larger implants increase the risk of complications such as implant malposition, which can be very difficult to correct longterm.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

750 Cc HP Saline Implants

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss and healthy lifestyle. There is insufficient information to guide you appropriately. You should proceed with an person consultation and exam with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to get a better understanding of your options regarding a beast augmentation and if you should have a mastopexy. Ideally, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

What size implant to get back to D Cup?

+1

Our patients choose the way they want their clothes to fill out by trying on many different sizers in front of a mirror. Then they pick a PlayBoy type picture of the size they want to see nude in the mirror after surgery. Let's say you chose 750 cc HP with the try-on exercise. We would use a saline implant that can be filled anywhere from 700 to 800 cc and place it empty thru a 1 inch incision and then fill it to 750 cc. All 4 OR personel view her from the four corners of the compass and compare with the PlayBoy picture she choose and then take a vote. Does it need a little more or less saline? We can adjust anywhere between 7 & 800 cc to get the nude look fullness desired by the patient. Everyone gets exactly the fullness she wants without having to guess the exact volume ahead of time. It's decided by committee! Total cost is $4400 at my practice.  Dr Foster   

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant choices

+1

Without an exam I could not say what size implants would be right for you. I will say that 700's are very large and may lead to early relapse and other potential problems sooner than smaller implants.

Breast Implant Size After Weight Loss

+1

Without pictures there is very little input that can be provided to you. The issue of saline vs silicone implants aside, the question of implant size and whether a lift is need are critical questions. A 750cc implant may be appropriate with your amount of loose breast skin but it will not cause any lifting effect. That is a critical issue to determine when one has undergone significant weight loss with large breasts beforehand. Whether a breast lift is needed with your augmentation is an equally important issue as that of implant size in reshaping the deflated breast after weight loss.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Big implants won't lift you

+1

The size of the implant can only be determined by an in person exam.  Also, with your previous size and massive weight loss it is almost a certainty that you could need a lift to elevate the nipple back up and tighten the skin laxity.  A big implant won't do that alone, it will just make a matronly look.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Size of implants

+1

It is difficult to say.   The same size implant can look very different on each patient because of their skin elasticity, height, weight, and frame.  That said, there are far more long term issues with implants of that size.  It is important to discuss this carefully with your surgeon.

David A. Lickstein, MD

+1

Good Job on the weight loss. You have put in a lot of hard work. Unfortunately, breast augmentation is all about creating a LOOK and without something to go by in the way of a physical exam, or at the least a set of medical quality front and side view photos, your question cannot be answered. I can tell you if you have not had implants previiously it is unlikely you can go straight to such a very large volume implant.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast implant size

+1

I agree with the other surgeons that without pictures it is difficult to say what is best for you. (For example whether a lift is needed).  I will say that a 750 cc implant sounds quite large, and over time will likely lead to drooping. Find a board certified plastic surgeon whom you feel comfortable with, and discuss your goals, but be willing to listen to the limitations of surgery. (the sky is not the limit)  Good luck. 

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon