Exercise Affecting Smart Lipo Results?

It's been 7.5 weeks since my smart lipo and I barely see results. Right after my smart lipo procedure (abdomen) I was swollen for about 2 wks. It went down significantly, and it looked soo great. Now I'm doing cardio (which my surgeon highly recommended) and I feel big again. My belly is a little lumpy, but why is my waist big again? I'm really not happy, went to a great doctor and I'm shocked what's happening at the moment. Any thoughts?

Post liposuction swelling

+1

It is going to take several months for the final swelling to dissipate and it may get aggravated with exercise.

Swollen and lumpy after liposuction

+1

You should see your surgeon for an examination of the areas that you question. Some people do develop inflammation, not infection, which can cause swollen areas. Has your diet been maintained or decreased the number of calories compared with before liposuction? Although it may not have been your case, some people eat more after liposucion because they think they can now get a way with it, but when you think about it, after you lose some fat in liposuction, you need LESS calories to consume each day to support the less fat you have!

Ronald Shelton, MD